For Sale FJ55 turn signal plastic pedestal base & Grommet 1975-1980 (reproduction parts) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I built these for another member on the forum and ran a few extras in an attempt to recover some of my costs. You can take OEM FJ40 turn signals and convert them to FJ55 turn signals with this part. Doing so requires you to disassemble your old lights and reuse the factory bolt. The factory bolt has flairs on it that are designed to be pressed into the new part by taking a small socket and gently taping on it with a hammer to seat the bolt (best if done by laying the part flat on a bench with a hole in it to accept the bolt as it passes through the part). The alignment pins will need to be ABS glued in. I left this up to the buyer because it will make it easier to seat the bolt.

Several options are available (all items sold in pairs):

1.) You can buy the unfinished plastic pedestal base only. The cost is $35 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. The "as-is" finish is slightly more durable than the third option below. This would be best if you plan to use a high fill primer and paint to OEM specs or if you just want a functional piece.

2.) You can buy the unfinished plastic pedestal base with the fender grommet. The cost is $45 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. The grommet is made out of TPU, a rubber like product. I really think this completes the look.

3.) You can buy the finished plastic pedestal base only. The cost is $45 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. This would be best if you like the color as is and want a nicely finished part.

4.) You can buy the finished part with a fender grommet. The cost is $55 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. The Grommet is made out of TPU, a rubber like product. I really think this completes the look and I would be disappointed if you don't order the grommet which is why I have discounted it as part of a complete package.

5.) You can buy just the fender grommet. These are designed to fit your factor OEM plastic pedestal base. The cost is $18.50 with free shipping in the contiguous United states

I want to make sure everyone is happy with their purchase so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I enjoy building parts for my FJ40 and FJ55s so if you have any ideas for items that can't be obtained elsewhere let me know.

20190217_071842.jpg

IMG952568.jpg

IMG952571.jpg

20190217_071951.jpg

.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a set and they look great, feel solid too. I’m not going to mount them anytime soon so I can’t offer pics mounted.
Thanks for the kind words. Several people have messaged me, it looks like I need to run another batch.

Just bought a set from you on eBay. Thanks for making these.

Thanks, your parts are packaged up and will be in the mail tomorrow. These things took me forever to get the contours and angles right so I have been trying to recover my costs on Ebay too. That said, I like dealing with members directly on the forum so if you ever need anything else feel free to PM me. When you get them mounted I would love to see a picture too.

Thanks again!

paypal sent!

FYI, for those of you that got your requests in by 3/7, all parts will be shipped 3/9. Thanks for your support!

Looking forward! Are you currently working on any other repros?

Looking forward! Are you currently working on any other repros?
I am, in 2019 I have committed to producing one new part per month and adding additional capabilities to my shop by the end of the year. I have a 40 so that has been my focus but if you have other ideas, I am happy to entertain them within the confines of what my 3d printer is capable of producing.

I’ll bet some guys would like to see a gauge bucket that’ll take 60/62 instruments and bolt up to the 55 dashcluster... the speedo guts goes into an fj55 bucket without issue... and I’ve got a laundry list os little rubber gaskets and pads and door lock/link plastic retainer clips...

I’ll bet some guys would like to see a gauge bucket that’ll take 60/62 instruments and bolt up to the 55 dashcluster... the speedo guts goes into an fj55 bucket without issue... and I’ve got a laundry list os little rubber gaskets and pads and door lock/link plastic retainer clips...
Well let's start with the ABS, TPU, and Nylon parts first based your estimate of highest demand. It takes significant time and multiple runs to get the designs right so I would need to have a glimmer of hope to recover my time / costs. I will PM you and we can continue the conversation offline.

Thanks!

Ryan ,

Appreciate you putting in the extra time to dial these in! They fit perfect!
Look forward to what you make next!

Thanks again for all your help!

Doug

Doug,

Thank
Ryan ,

Appreciate you putting in the extra time to dial these in! They fit perfect!
Look forward to what you make next!

Thanks again for all your help!

Doug
Thank you for the kind words, it was a fun project!

interested in "finished part with a fender grommet @ $55". PM's not working for me, can you email me at steve_fox at me dot com?

Steve,

I just sent you an email but your email address was kind of cryptic so I don't know if I got it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom