FJ55 rear window gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
need for 72 pig. see photo for style. If have different key style, do you have the drive shaft key?
FJ55 gear.jpg

Search and you will find posts of a couple people making brass window gears.

Once you go brass, you never go back.
You might consider changing your add to a WANT add.

Good luck. I have a gear that I'd sent to you for free, but it has cracks.... it won't last long. I had epoxy'd it on the surface to hold it together, but I ended up with a brass gear before I installed it. The electric windows SUCK in my humble opinion. I'd rather have ambi doors personally.

email me if you want that temporary gear
smcmorrow@esinc.cc

Thanks Bigsal

Just fining out about the possibility of getting a brass gear so I will go down that path for a while. Hold on to that cracked nylon gear in case no luck.

Mark

Still Looking

No luck finding any brass gears yet. Anyone out there got one or making any soon?

mrfahan

If you give me your address, I'll just send it to you. I don't need it and it may get you a little further. I just found it in my shed. It turns out I had epoxy'd a different one ( a more broken one). This one is cracked, but not that bad and certainly would be "dipped" in epoxy and it may work just fine if you're REALLL nice to the window when you make it go up and down...

Thanks For Your Help

Sno Board and all others,

Just ordered one from Don in Inyokern. He says he has about 20 of each, old and new model, gears left. Back on the road.

Have to agree, great video. Helped me size up the task to fix mine. Failed on one attempt to buy repro gear but gonna try another source tonight when I wont get in trouble for playing on my computer at work!

Perfect tomorrow is work on cruiser all day so I’ll reach out to him .

gracias!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom