FJ55 Rear Window Gear ...We Made One (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I needed a rear window gear...we found the most recent 3-D print file and made one. I have not tested this yet. want to do a little sanding between the teeth. It will be installed over the weekend and I will let people know how it goes. If someone else wants to be a test dummy let me know and I will look into printing a few more and will send them out for free in the US.

Gear 1.jpg

Gear 2.jpg

Nice work, there are a few folks who sell these online if that one doesn't work. Check out the 55 owner pig pen at the bottom of the forums if you haven't been there yet!
Cheers
Jon

So, I needed a rear window gear...we found the most recent 3-D print file and made one. I have not tested this yet. want to do a little sanding between the teeth. It will be installed over the weekend and I will let people know how it goes. If someone else wants to be a test dummy let me know and I will look into printing a few more and will send them out for free in the US.

View attachment 2961675

View attachment 2961676
I’ll take one to test. I just took my tailgate off to do some maintenance. and my gear was damaged.
I’ll pm info.

I’ll take one to test. I just took my tailgate off to do some maintenance. and my gear was damaged.
I’ll pm info.
LOL. Twice you asked about these gears in the 55 forum. You still haven't ordered one yet?

Here's the link to order:

LOL. Twice you asked about these gears in the 55 forum. You still haven't ordered one yet?

Here's the link to order:

Please press the un-stalker button on my profile page. I get enough spam on my regular emai. H@! H@!
im still researching and waiting for a NOS one to show up somewhere. once I button up the tailgate after new 20k paint job,I don’t want to go back in and replace the gear again.

thanks for thinking about me though.

Got the rear window working the gear we 3-D printed. Works pretty well actually. The one thing I noticed is that going down, obviously assisted by gravity and the weight of the glass, it is as smooth as butter. Going up seems to put some strain on the motor. Honestly it would go up on its own, but I cannot help but to want to help it some. All contacts points have been lubed so I know it isn't that. It that what others experience? The stripping that the glass slides in is new and probably a little tight. Could it just be that the motor is old and that's just how it will be?

I figured mine was the screwed felt due to lining on the driver's side track. IF yours are new I agree they may be little tight. Outside of that if everything lubed up it may just be the way it is. Congrats on your victory!

Last edited:
That looks amazing…you’re way out of my league on the fabrication….great job

thanks ,

i just spec'd it

i out sourced the actual metal work

its all about the initial idea you bring to the table

and yours is indeed TOP SHELF !

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom