Wanted FJ55 Project vehicle (any years) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
fj55.jpg

I am at the last few miles of my FJ40 project. It is time to think about the future.
I have 2f engine (probably in working shape) and 3sd transmission/transfer case, that I can use for my next project.
I thought to put it in FJ55... or sell/use it as parts..if fj55 will have the engine.
I am looking for a PROJECT
vehicle (ideally with a title, or proof of ownership if it pre 73).
Price range: as low as possible ..$1- $2500
A mostly complete .. again, if possible (finding parts for fj55 will be challenging)
Running or most likely no running for this price range
With or without an engine/transmission.

Body rust is welcome... but this depends on what is left .. and the asking price

I can drive 5-10 hours to the west/souths/north on an excellent deal.
Shipping also can work

Thanks

Last edited:
Interesting information...
someone "flagged" to remove all my "FJ55 wanted" posts on craigslist.. :)
I hope it’s not what I’m thinking…:) about craigslist..

Does anyone have the same experience?

Last edited:
@SergP ive got a ‘70 55 project truck I've intended to get to for years, but unfortunately, I kept getting distracted on other vehicles and never got to it. As a result, I’ve decided to quit “planning to do it” and sell it instead.

As you mentioned, it’s a project, just like most other pre-restoration pigs. A friend of mine and I have a running joke that, in the past, there must’ve been an FJ55 newsletter that all owners were required to subscribe to. In it, the required conditions of 55 ownership were: (a) you must regularly abuse all 55s, (b) you must ignore any mechanical or other issues during the time of your ownership, and (c) if you ever stop driving it (voluntarily or not), you must throw away the title and park it in an uncovered area with all of the windows rolled down! Haha, obviously that’s tongue-in-cheek, but have you ever seen another brand/model of vehicle that was routinely abandoned over the years?

In any event, mine is a 1970, and I chose it because it’s not as bad as most I saw when looking. It does have some rust that needs repair, but it’s not nearly as bad as most. Engine and trans weren’t in it when I bought it, but I have the three speed that came in it and a 2F core that go with it. It once had a V8 in it (most assuredly a Chevy), but I had also considered converting it to a 2UZ.

I have two bills of sale (one to the guy I bought it from, and one from the guy I bought it from), but no title. Since I've decided to sell it without doing anything to it, I'm just looking to get out of it what I've got in it: $2,200.

I'm in Mississippi, so I don't know if this is anything that would interest you or not, but since I was just about to put it out there for sale anyway, when I saw your post, I thought I'd pass this along for consideration. Thanks, David

55 1.jpg
55 2.jpg
55 3.jpg
55 4.jpg
55 5.jpg

As you mentioned, it’s a project, just like most other pre-restoration pigs. A friend of mine and I have a running joke that, in the past, there must’ve been an FJ55 newsletter that all owners were required to subscribe to. In it, the required conditions of 55 ownership were: (a) you must regularly abuse all 55s, (b) you must ignore any mechanical or other issues during the time of your ownership, and (c) if you ever stop driving it (voluntarily or not), you must throw away the title and park it in an uncovered area with all of the windows rolled down! Haha, obviously that’s tongue-in-cheek, but have you ever seen another brand/model of vehicle that was routinely abandoned over the years?
lol So true! :)

Thank you all for your reply and offer.

Thank you David! It will be a long project, but I am excited to start. Plus I have good help here:

IMG_9586.jpeg

After first cleaning and one level of penetrol:
IMG_9587.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom