Fj55 pricing (NC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are everyone’s thought on a running driving 55 with rocker and wheel well less than 40k miles. Extra axles doors engine trans transfer case all lights work
04D8C10B-482D-471A-9161-E32D923C3618.jpeg

26007CCC-7789-4B98-AA46-28A5935F1AAF.jpeg

are you selling or buying?
less than 40K miles or less than 140K miles?

Kinda depends on your skills. It looks like it need the entire lower lap around the truck of welding and fabrication patches made. Mechanically a vehicle 47 years old needs to be gone through entirely also. It’s a core to start with and may be complete but it has to be 4-6k as a starting point at best.
The doors are fine as a free item and the extra drivetrain is too and has a value but the 40k mile thing is loosing credibility for that stuff to be worth swapping. My .02

I agree with the credibility
I own a fabrication shop and can do my own sheet metal. I would likely keep it as is for a while.
My goal would be to spruce it up cosmetically,drive it for a while around our mountain house and sell it in a few years likely (unless I fell in love with it)
I own a 100 series so it’s a major leap from that as far as driveability
. So mechanically it’s like :
New brakes
All 4wd kept serviced by local LC shop
Top end rebuilt 20k miles ago
New gas tank and fuel lines

He drives this weekly around his neighborhood so it seems pretty good.
He is asking 3500.00
I’m just trying to make sure I wouldn’t be upside down in it if I bought it.

If it was close to me, I would be all over it for $3,500.

I don't think you could go wrong at $3500. Looks like it's all complete except for the bumpers. Not sure about the interior. No way it's 40k original if he rebuilt the top end 20k ago. Unless maybe it was put in a barn wet and dirty at 20K and left there until recently. The interior will speak volumes about mileage: wear on arm rests, floor mats, seats, etc. Regardless, definitely looks worth saving.

lol about that two tone. Ya it’s been painted at least once. Ya I guess he’s stretching with the mileage but he claims he’s had i it since 2k miles. I’m going to meet him Wednesday to drive it. The interior is well worn. Has a seat cover. He claims he has enough parts for a full restoration. What are y’all’s thoughts on what it’s actual value is? I’m a bit nervous at 3500 but I’m also used to rusty 70’s Japanese metal. I just don’t want to get caught with my pants down on it.
Mu only LC experience is with my 100

Original owner! That's special. Value? That's completely subjective. I would say that if it's drives OK and isn't a complete basket case rust wise, most sellers would be asking quite a bit more than $3500 and most buyers would jump on it at that price.

$3500 for that is the equivalent of the $1,000 rigs we used to buy ten years ago

this should be a no brainer, but if you aren't comfortable don't buy it.

Post in the Old North State Cruiser club page, you may find people there who know the truck or the owner or both, help separate the reality from the wishful things

If it runs and stops, $3500 is a good start.

Looks a bit rusty but not nearly as bad as some in the Northeast where salt in winter is common.

Nothing like a 55 to drive and wheel. I love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom