FJ55 ls swap help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched the threads but didn't find a definite answer. Too the people that have done an LS swap in a fj55, what oil pan and headers did you personally use? Thank you

2002 Camero 5.7 oil pan
Shorty block hugger header

You don't say what the rest of your pig setup is.

You can do a truck pan depending upon your lift. I was spring over and it fit fine. I have since gone with an H3 pan on my runner. Right off the bat on FJ55 #2, I went with the H3 pan. Even at $250, it is a good deal considering it is new:
Amazon product ASIN B00BZR4ZW6There is also a company Central Performance Wiring that carries it also. Not sure on their price but it was in line with Amazon.

No way I would buy a used Camaro pan for nearly the same price.

I can't comment on headers... I had a set of Hookers and they warped to hell. I have since gone to C6 center dump manifolds slightly modified on my daily. On my FJ55 #2, I went with a truck manifold on driver and a turbo truck manifold on the passenger. Both needed some modification. :censor:
It is spring under but I have a 3 inch lift I am going to install. I have seen some people using the trailblazer ss intake and the H3 pan. My main concern is the exhaust. I plan to run the 4l60e so my wife can drive it also. I was really hoping someone had found an exhaust manifold that would fit. Thank you for the info.

They fit fine, but I had bought some corvette manifolds that dumped right onto the frame. You have to use the right motor mounts or make your own like I did.

No reason to go with trailblazer ss intake over stock truck intake. Minimal gain and same height. I forget if the TB required new injectors, fuel rail, etc.

Sprung under I would go with a new H3 pan without a doubt. No way I'd pay $100 or more on a used Camaro.

As far as I know all center dump headers will fit without mods. My experience with Hooker says that brand is junk. I had a fab guy that modified my manifolds for me. No big deal. I doubt you will find a stock exhaust manifold set that will work without mods. The FJ55 frame is fairly narrow; 24"(from memory) while full sized cars/trucks are closer to 30".
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom