FJ55? Iron Pig - what’s it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jiggletits

Threads
Fairly clean
Needs some work to run
Minimal rust

What’s this worth?

AB39F9AE-ECF4-4320-9122-1702986BB773.jpeg
1CCA69CF-52A7-4C59-8BEC-F1A2C3C920A0.jpeg
28B50205-7AAD-4D47-8488-1EE5F5E16B55.jpeg
3E339A95-2594-4D0C-ABA7-DC9B0DAC396A.jpeg
0FC8F264-79B8-43A9-9433-2A045A97BC35.jpeg

'72?
Engine pics please

How rusty are the rain gutters?

"Some work to run " could be anything from a full rebuild to a tune up.

So $5000 to $10,000. I would say more like $5000. MY .02, free, and worth it.

I'm not sure what year it even is honestly, I sent the link to my business partner and he picked it up. I just saw it today for the first time.

The engine is original, I'll try to get some more pics. I want to stuff a 2UZ drivetrain into it, fix the interior a bit, and leave the patina as is.

the big reverse lights are not 1972

I’m not sure where the value would lie here. I search a good bit to find what I considered an FJ that was pretty solid, ran, and needed some “minor” TLC. I got this gem for a great price < $7K. Runs, drives, new interior, clean dash, no floor, sill, or door rush. A few small rust spots at the bottom of the left tail gate corner and sonme starting on a few areas on the drip rails

I looked all over to find one in good enough shape to enjoy and make repairs as I go. This one (1974 with four speed) really has little rust (some near the drip rails, a few small spots here and there). Floor and sills are rust free, interior is super clean, and it runs and drives really well. Paid <$7K

Wow! South of 7k for all that!

I looked all over to find one in good enough shape to enjoy and make repairs as I go. This one (1974 with four speed) really has little rust (some near the drip rails, a few small spots here and there). Floor and sills are rust free, interior is super clean, and it runs and drives really well. Paid <$7K

View attachment 2958920

View attachment 2958923

View attachment 2958924

View attachment 2958930

View attachment 2958931
Is this the one that was listed in Charlotte, NC for $10k for sale by Peyton? Nice score! I reached out thru FB but never got a response.

Probably not the motor, more common is a broken plastic gear in the regulator.

Edit: or wiring
I think the motor is bad…getting power from the switch gear to the motor assembly, but the motor will not actuate with the glass out so it seems to not have power…is that how the broken gear manifests? Seems like motor is not functioning because the gear is broken and the motor can not turn it?

Is this the one that was listed in Charlotte, NC for $10k for sale by Peyton? Nice score! I reached out thru FB but never got a response.
Yes sir…it’s is. I just happened to be scrolling and saw it as soon as it was posted…within 5min. I live an hour away so it just worked out. Couldn’t be happier.

is that how the broken gear manifests?
Sometimes. The little plastic gear can break into several pieces. Jamming the motor in place. Sometimes you get a thunk, sometimes nothing.
Gotta take it apart to know.
Everybody with a Pig has broken a gear and/or replaced or repaired the juunction strip in the tailgate. Hardly anyone breaks a motor.

Yes sir…it’s is. I just happened to be scrolling and saw it as soon as it was posted…within 5min. I live an hour away so it just worked out. Couldn’t be happier.Stoked for you! Please keep us in the loop. Also you should consider:
Super stoked for you! You should consider coming to:

Last edited:
Sometimes. The little plastic gear can break into several pieces. Jamming the motor in place. Sometimes you get a thunk, sometimes nothing.
Gotta take it apart to know.
Everybody with a Pig has broken a gear and/or replaced or repaired the juunction strip in the tailgate. Hardly anyone breaks a motor.
Awesome I’ll pull the rest out and see…hopefully that will be it. Thanks a lot…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom