FJ55 Headliner

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Hodag, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Hodag

Hodag Guest

Just got my new FJ55. Headliner is pretty wasted. Since I have plenty of other things I need to throw $$ at (P/S, disks, etc.), is there a cheap fix out there? Im going to repair the floorpans and Rhinoline it, could I line the roof? Its obviously not a restoration, I just want it to be relatively insulated and quiet for my DD. I guess i've just heard too many horror stories about trying to replace headliners. Thanks for any help. Hodag :D

2. tewlman

tewlman

duck tape holds the world together! :D

3. Trogdor

Trogdor

I ripped mine out completly. Gave me some more head room. I used a cheap rattle can bed-liner which is okay for a little while. Plan on using something a little more durable latter. Durabak or Herculiner. Sure you could rhino line it as well. Could try dynomat and a sheet. ::)

4. tlcgear

tlcgear

I don't have a 55 but I do have a 40. I went to one of the apolstry place here in town and bought some speaker box carpet for about $10.00/ yard ( I think it was 3) and glued it to the top and it looks great.

- Rico.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.