FJ55 Front Bench Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I'm starting to think about what my options are for a front bench seat in my 55. The mounts are long gone and in their place are bolted some Chevy Van buckets.

I'd like to put a bench back up front. Does anyone know of aftermarket front bench options or do you have dimensions of the OEM one I can use to build one or modify an OEM one?

I think a trip to the junkyard with a tape measure is in order. I would look at Dodge Durango/Dakota (mid-size trucks) for a seat wide enough.

I think a trip to the junkyard with a tape measure is in order. I would look at Dodge Durango/Dakota (mid-size trucks) for a seat wide enough.

I figure as much. Not ruling out a field trip here soon.

Are you ruling out OEM FJ55 front bench seats?

Not at all. I'd rather grab an FJ55 Front Bench if I can find one and can get to my door relatively easily. I'm totally ok with rigging up another junkyard bench (with sliders?) If that's what's easier when the time comes.

Search the classifieds and also check with some of the normal vendors. I have seen a few for sale over the last 3 or 4 years. IIRC there was someone on the Mississippi coast with two complete sets for sale.

Search the classifieds and also check with some of the normal vendors. I have seen a few for sale over the last 3 or 4 years. IIRC there was someone on the Mississippi coast with two complete sets for sale.

BTB had a set in their eBay for a bit. Just missed that one before it sold. I'm pretty convinced this shouldn't be expensive but emotionally prepared for it to be so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom