FJ55 Fender trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need pictures or ideas for trimming the fenders on my 1971 FJ55. The front looks pretty self explanitory. I think that by trimming the front for more tire clearance I will also be able to get rid of most of the surface rust on the bottom of the rocker. But the rear looks like it could be a real problem. Does anyone have any idea how I should approach it? It looks like if I want to go much bigger I am going to have to tub the interior fender wells, and even then the rear doors are going to be in the way of any real cutting? Help.

Thanks,
Ryan.

It looks like if I want to go much bigger

bigger than what??
i run 36 right now, i tried on 37 mtr and even had my friends 38.5 under the pig for a test, 36-37 fit great i need a hair more for the 38.5, and i dont have much cut.
a tip for the rear if you want to keep the fender,, drill the spring perch to move the axle back 1" and trim more of the rear well, works real good and you cant even tell what happened.

Rhino is right on about moving the rear axle back..

What are you running for a lift?

Sorry I didn't really give you guys enough information. I have a stock '71 FJ55 with 12.50 X 31 on it now. My plans are to cut the fenders for 37-40" tires. The suspension lift will be accomplished via a 4 link/3 link suspension. I want to try an fit 37-40" with as little suspension lift as possible. I am just looking for ideas on how people have cut their fenders. My plan is to move the rear axle back 3-4" lengthen the rear fender opening and tube the inside fenderwell. So any pictures of people that have open the fenders. please.

Ryan.

cant help with much pics, but leaning toward the the 40" size will be a feat on the rear, i think you are going in the right direction moving the axle back that much.
would be cool if you could keep the rear doors intact, keep us informed to your progress
it has been a thought of mine for a while now to accomplish the infamous "BOB" on my pig by moving the rear axle back about 6" taking the wheelwell with it so as not to lose my interior space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom