fj55 factory p/s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The question is in the title but I do have some variations.... So... did the fj55 ever come with FACTORY (fitted in the factory and delivered new) power steering?.... the variation of the question is does 40 series p/s fit the fj55 as a straight bolt on?... I know there are kits that use various components from other vehicles/brands to give p/s to the 55 but the first questions are what I'm interested in.... thnx in advance pig riders...

55 in the US, power steering was an option in 1979 along with a/c.
40 series ps is not a bolt on in a 55

Sorry to trouble you guys further.... what are the differences between the 55 and 40 systems and are there obvious observable differences.... like one has 3 mounting holes and the other has 4..... the reason for the ????? is I have a power steer setup, including locking steering column, of either the 55 or 40 and I'm almost certain it came off a 55 but anyone I ask in Oz seems to think it couldn't be or it is most likely a 40 modified to fit.... I have from the steering wheel complete to the first ball joint... there seems to be nothing missing or added as if it were a modified..... so that's where I'm at... thnx again.... pix of either would be handy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom