FJ55 - Electric Rear Window Expert Needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

overton

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myfj40.com
Trying to get the rear window in my 1976 FJ55 working. The gear is good but the one arms is out of sync and appears to be moving faster than the other and pushing the window to one side where of course it jams up.

How do you adjust the arms so they are working in sync to raise and lower the window evenly?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Greg
overton@aol.com

How do you adjust the arms so they are working in sync to raise and lower the window evenly?

overton@aol.com
Yup, that is one of the hard parts of putting a 55 tailgate back together. Probably in the Top 10 of hard parts to reassemble in a 55 tailgate.
I do not have the easy answer. I think i have always had to do it by trial and error, moving one gear one tooth until it works. Remembering, of course, that that spring loaded arm can take a fingertip off if you blink wrong.
You might get a much better answer if you ask down in the 55 specific forum. Actually, you will certainly get a much better answer if you post down in the 55 section.

Trying to get the rear window in my 1976 FJ55 working. The gear is good but the one arms is out of sync and appears to be moving faster than the other and pushing the window to one side where of course it jams up.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Greg
overton@aol.com

there is ONLY 1 FJ55 Rear Power Window EXPERT here on MUD :

@Blastservices ..........

he is your KEY to issue free FJ55LG-KA enjoyment .......

Ha! Def no expert but appreciate the props Matt! They are a little finicky but I mastered mine in short time. Along with being a wacko and restoring the entire system.
I posted on the 55 forums to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom