FJ55 door striker wheel shot -- HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drivers side door striker wheel on the 74' FJ55 is apparently shot. Im talking about the part on the outside edge of the door, not the part on the body. The wheel on the door spins freely, with or without the button on the handle being depressed. Because of this, the door will not stay closed. This comes at a particularly bad time, as I am trying to sell the truck, and the potential buyer is coming this weekend.

Anyone have a suggestion as to a way to repair it (at least to get it through a test drive), or does anyone have a spare they'd be willing to part with.

Thanks, Hodag

Pull apart the door and check which park is broken, or if it's just gummed up. My experience is that the "button" on the outside becomes stuck.

Part 10 or 11:
128C.gif

is the regulator housing that the gear is in egged out? that seems to be fairly common.

Not yet, I have a guy from Sioux Falls coming down to look at it this weekend. If someone beats him to it, oh well. Are you interested? I'll make you a hell of a deal.

Hodag

is the regulator housing that the gear is in egged out? that seems to be fairly common.

I am having this issue. The housing is egged out on my '79. I have a temporary solution where I took some scrap and jammed it in there with some tape over it, but the door wiggles loose every time I drive it.

Does anyone have a replacement or a better solution?

I have a parts vehicle. I will look at it this weekend. However, as mentioned above, sometimes the button sticks, giving you a false read on the problem. My passenger door sticks like that occasionally.

Thanks for the reply lc69!

The housing is definitely "egged out." The issue is occuring on the Driver's door. Please let me know if you have a suitable replacement and the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom