For Sale FJ55 Cargo Area Vent Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DoubleNickels

SILVER Star
Threads
MUD!

Thanks to a collaborative effort from @DieselFJ and @bobm , I've successfully re-created the rear (cargo area) vent covers for our 55's. This one:

Update.JPG

I've gone through a couple design & prototype cycles to dial in the geometry. Currently, a 3D print vendor is fabricating a few dozen for me in the same black Nylon 12 we use in the glove box handles for @PabloCruise . I expect to have these in-hand early next week.

To cover my costs, pricing will be $15 each or two for $25, plus $5 shipping. I'll update this post with pictures of the parts when they arrive. Thanks everyone!

Calvin

Great interest from everyone, thanks so much. Again I'll post pics when they arrive and I test fit. Cheers!

How much for just the .stl file Calvin?

I guess the exterior vents are next model and print?

There are a few exterior vents. Which ones are you talking about? Glad to investigate.

There are a few exterior vents. Which ones are you talking about? Glad to investigate.
I have an NOS pair to use as a pattern but they do not look trivial or inexpensive to replicate.

A6472403-39EF-4B1E-A898-893676653B62.jpeg

587D7526-69CD-486F-A46B-DEF2BC5CF5CD.jpeg

18A96D3D-96CA-4CF5-A9AC-6C178F518E5B.jpeg

These arrived tonight! Will test fit ASAP. They look great.

20210930_172339.jpg

20210930_172401.jpg

20210930_172410.jpg

All right, these are good to go. I'll send a PM to each of you that's expressed interest to exchange details. Thanks again, everyone.

@mtnpig and @WarDamnEagle , I can reproduce those! Too tricky to just eyeball with calipers - fortunately I just re-established my connection with a high-resolution scanner. Scanning then reverse engineering is how I re-created the handle internals and it worked out great.

Do either of you have a spare you can loan me? In all honesty, I'll probably have it for 4-6 weeks based on other work/life commitments. Let me know if you're game.

Are these right and left handed or not? I can't seem to find them on the parts diagrams. Also not sure if they changed any over the years.

@DoubleNickels you can keep mine for as long as you want but they are currently with me in Saudi Arabia. I have employees that rotate in and out and can get one of them to drop them in the mail next trip home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom