SOLD FJ45LV Rear Hatch catch hardware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
I had to have a set of these made by a local machinist since my 66 was missing them. Thanks to @Tancruiser Dale for loaning me a set! I couldn't find any machinists that were willing to make just a single set so I had to have several made, I have 3 spare pairs left. Paid $150 for each pair, selling for the same. Posting them up here for a month or two before I put them up on ebay (they'll be a bit more on there to account for ebay fees).

Set on the bottom are Dale's originals for comparison. The repros are made from aluminum, they function exactly the same and bolt right on of course. If the shininess bothers you, you can always paint them - I ended up painting mine a dull gray.

1614447142232.png

1614447171491.png

I will take the last set if still available?

@scoobiedubes - Thanks for making these....For once I wasn't late to the party

Sounds like there may be enough interest in another run by your machinist. If you need a minimum of 4 sets to entice your machinist, then a 2nd batch is 1/2 way there with @KT40 and @Chuckha62. Anyone else?

This was through a friend of a friend of a friend, so let me see if I can get in touch with him directly this time to see if he's open to making more. He also didn't supply the springs or rivet pins, had to put those in after getting them back from him. The ones I just shipped out to you guys are complete but others might have to do themselves next time around. I'm told he's a retired machinist borrowing someone else's tools after hours, so no promises but it can't hurt to ask. Wish I'd known so many folks needed them or I would have made more. I honestly thought these were going to take years to sell!

These LV parts confuse me, the stuff I think lots of people need I'm usually wrong on, stuff I think nobody needs I'm apparently wrong on too :)

If you decided to have more built, Please let me know and I'll be a buyer.
If he's up for another run I'm happy to get some made, I'll keep you all posted.
Great work the retired machinist did.,,,
....but before I would mount them I would give them a vintage look
...means darken the aluminum.
There are different ways to do that.
Yes I painted mine a dull gray as I mentioned, I'll take some pictures of them installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom