FJ45LV on a different frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

I have 2 FJ45LV without engine and with body needed a lot of work and care. Both rescued from almost abandoned situations.

I am thinking to restore one as original as possible, but probably with a 2F/3F/FZ engine and h55f transmission.

And the other to do the same, or I could also consider to put the FJ45LV body on a more modern chassis/frame. If I go that way, has anyone done it? Would you choose to do it on a 60 or 80 or 105 chassis/transmission/engine?

Sorry for the purists, in general I am very purist, but having a FJ45LV with more capacity to drive long distances is something I am starting to consider :)

So if you have done it and has some experience to share please let me know what i should do and i shouldn’t… wheelbase difference I guess is the fist issue to study/evaluate

Thanks for your comments!
a7ee7a3d-fae1-40cc-9289-42651d621293.jpeg
7271c727-e12d-43ae-962f-cac6c744ef23.jpeg

Where did you find that blue one? I'm pretty sure I looked at that decades ago in the Phoenix area. I've contemplated an lv on a modern frame and drivetrain. Would love to see this. My ideal would be an 80 series frame ( extended) with a 2 uz vvti). You have two so could keep one stockish and then build one with a modern setup. Any wait to see the finished product.

Last edited:
Where did you find that blue one? I'm pretty sure I looked at that decades ago in the Phoenix area. I've contemplated an lv on a modern frame and drivetrain. Would love to see this. My ideal would be an 80 series frame ( extended) with a 2 uz vvti). You have two so could keep one stockish and then build one with a modern setup. Any wait to see the finished product.
Both are in peru.
I have a 80 chassis so i can consider that and would probably install a FZ engine
When you say extended, you mean to extend the body? Instead of shortening the chassis?

I noticed the license plate after the post. That LV is the same color as the one i looked at. I thought the 80 series wheel base was shorter than the LV but after just checking again it looks like 45lv is 104 and the 80 series is 112 ? (internet came out with two different measurements. so yes your correct. would need to go the other way around. i would definitely not touch the body. those look nice .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom