FJ45LV mechanicals?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The blue 45 on this link......

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=57972

is identicle to the one i'm looking at bringing home. Same color, wood bed and everything! I believe the owner put a new engine in earlier this year, possibly a 3B, and has restored the interior. I'd like clarification on two of cruiser guy's points.. In the original thread it says this is a FJ45LV, gas engine right? The one i'm looking at has a diesel. Does that make it a BJ45LV? Second, he states that the mechanicals are a diasaster and gives a breif explaination. Couuld you please give a full account of what you mean.

Thanks

Bri

Here in Central America folks have learned long ago to make do with what they have. Unfortunately that extends to the maintenance, or lack thereof, of their vehicles. IF they maintain the vehicles it's often on an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it basis" which doesn't mean it's maintained as it should be. When something does fail it's often bandaided or "fixed" with whatever is at hand. Here one doesn't go to the parts store and buy new parts but rather you take the old part to someone who runs off and finds something like it that works. Don't get me wrong, there are dealers here and you can get parts properly but most folks don't, it's just not the way they do things. Look at the thread I started in the FJ45 forum on "Things I'm glad I didn't know" and you'll have a bit of an idea.

The LV is the wagon model, not the pickup and should NOT have a wood bed of any kind. They ONLY came with an "F" engine and three speed tranny. Any diesel is definitely a modification, one which mine will be getting :)

That would not be an LV... LVs are the wagons like on treeroots page:http://www.root45.com/

It's possible that it's a bj45.. or it had a swapped motor.. I guess I don't know what you mean or we need more info on it. As for the mechanicals being a disaster does that mean wiring, maintenence, etc?
It's hard to tell from your post.

There is also the 45 owners club on mud if you scroll down..

and LV is not a pickup......an LV is a waggie.............oh I see that has been covered already :D

My mistake.....after reading the post more closely it does not say the blue truck is a FJ45LV.

Anyways.....wesintl.....if your wondering what i mean......I rode around in Costa Rica in a truck identicle to that one. It had a diesel engine in it, always. The owener put a new or rebuilt diesel engine in it this year. I would like to know what model the truck is.

Probably an HJ45LBP. MAny of the pickups came with the H diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom