fj45lv h diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a few pictures of the progress installing a H diesel and a 2.5'' sor lift on my lv project.
mud pic engine.jpg
engine 2.jpg
engine3.jpg

The engine came from a spector half cut and was right hand drive. The engine had a aftermarket turbo kit on it. The problem that I ran into was the turbo was in the path of the power brakes and master. So with some thought this is what I came up with. I will build a heat shield for the master cylinder and I am planning to exhaust wrap the turbo extension. Hopefully i am not going to lose to much performance out of the turbo.
engine 4.jpg
engine 5.jpg
lifted 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice tubing runs Joe? Good lookin' LV too:cheers:

That's looking clean! Can you post up on the turbo coupled to the H, and how it ends up working out. I've got an H, and I'm not sure if I would be happy with a turbo on it, or if I should go out and find a 2H to turbo....

Those tubing runs look fantastic! Well though out and clean.

Dan

The exhaust manifoil is'nt stock, i guess it is from a 12-HT. The problem with the 2H and 12-HT manifoil is that the two middle exhaust outlets, as the picture show, they are different from stock. You have to drill four new holes for the manifoil in the cylinder head

DSC00295.jpg

Here is my stock manifoil ready to be welded, hopefully the angle for the turbo is correct, it's going to be tight fit between the steering box and master break.

I am taking oil from the oil pressure switch.... here from a 2H

oljetrykksbryter_170.jpg

That looks great. Did you buy that out of OR.?

Thanks for the compliments everyone. The exhaust manifold was built for this turbo, a company must of had aftermarket turbo kit with the manifold over seas. We started the engine in the half cut and it seemed to run pretty good so i am very excited about getting it on the road. The lv was bought here in southern oregon, it was here on mud for a while.

here is the side shot after i installed the lift. I wonder if the rear will settle down or if i will have to extend my front shackles?. I am going to need to come up with some shocks, anyone have any advice on a brand. and size.
lifted 1.jpg

I remember when it was for sale. Nice job on it.

Nice work Joe! Glad to see you're making a lot of progress.. Keep up the good work.. I'll have to come by and check it out once you get it running.
If you are running OME springs you might want to take out a leaf or more, they are pretty beefy.. maybe too beefy.

nice lv. I used Bilstein shocks on my lv. I measured pin to pin for front and back and contaced bilstine to see what they recommended. I ended up with the 5150's and am very happy with my ride quality. it actually rides better than my fj62 on OME did. well maybe I just like driving that makes it ride so nice
Jason

Thanks Jason for the info, hopefully in the future mine will be as beautiful as yours. Good job man. The restorations on mud keeps me going.

Here is a few things I have been working on, I pretty much started thinking I was only going to have to replace a few pieces of the floor but ended by doing most of the whole thing. Actually was not to hard working with a 110 welder and a harbor freight sheet metal brake. Very time consuming. I also ran brake lines.
100_0918.jpg
100_0921.jpg
100_0919.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom