Wanted FJ45LV / FJ25 / Early FJ40 Parts for FJ28L Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dave, I’m looking for the FJ25 PTO - but I’ll PM you on the other pieces as I think they would work if I’m not able to find the nearly impossible to find single fairlead FJ25 version Thanks for the reply!

What’s the flasher relay you need nathen look like ?
I have various super early OEM ones

pM me some photos and I will see what’s what

thanks Matt

What’s the flasher relay you need nathen look like ?
I have various super early OEM ones

pM me some photos and I will see what’s what

thanks Matt
It’s a pretty unusual one specific to the 20 series. Photo borrowed from cruiser nerd

9223BFDA-7E57-4962-9FAA-CB7485943703.jpeg

I decided maybe it would be best if I just create one ad for parts, and edit as we get into this restoration and things need to be added. Here's the parts I'm looking for right now. I understand many of these will be quite difficult to get and we may have to find other solutions, but can't hurt to ask.
STILL NEED:
  • FJ25 PTO & Winch (pipe dream), or an FJ40 winch
I notice two winch types. One's with a brake, and one without. If the brake was a later addition, I have an earlier one available. Anyone know what was period correct in Jan. 1964?

I notice two winch types. One's with a brake, and one without. If the brake was a later addition, I have an earlier one available. Anyone know what was period correct in Jan. 1964?
Had not seen this reply until just now, sorry! That’s a good question actually, hopefully someone else can answer.

I did pick up a 40 winch as a backup plan recently. I’ll have to check if it has the brake.

updated the list. The last few items are all going to be really tough to find, but if anybody has them let me know.

Had not seen this reply until just now, sorry! That’s a good question actually, hopefully someone else can answer.

I did pick up a 40 winch as a backup plan recently. I’ll have to check if it has the brake.

updated the list. The last few items are all going to be really tough to find, but if anybody has them let me know.
Nathan, I think mine has the later brake on the winch. Might want to swap it out with the one being offered.

I needed to update this, thanks for the reminder. Still looking for PTO/driveshafts and an original single roller fairlead winch but I’m realistic I never expected I’d find that stuff for the 28. You never know though...
I have a spare long complete pto winch driveshaft. I will get you photos. I’m sure you could make it work. It’s oem Land Cruiser. I do not remember what model it came off of.

I have a spare long complete pto winch driveshaft. I will get you photos. I’m sure you could make it work. It’s oem Land Cruiser. I do not remember what model it came off of.
Do you know if the driveshaft for the 25s and 40s were the same? I honestly have no idea but maybe it could be made to work... this Is kind of one of those things I think would look cool having the winch on the front of the 28, but putting the pieces together for it to be functional I realize may take years.

Do you know if the driveshaft for the 25s and 40s were the same? I honestly have no idea but maybe it could be made to work... this Is kind of one of those things I think would look cool having the winch on the front of the 28, but putting the pieces together for it to be functional I realize may take years.
That I do not know. I have only owned one FJ25 with a factory pto gearbox. That is specific to the fj25. It did not come with a driveshaft or winch. One fj25 did come with a winch and no driveshaft or transmission. Difficult to find for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom