Wanted FJ45LV / FJ25 / Early FJ40 Parts for FJ28L Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
I decided maybe it would be best if I just create one ad for parts, and edit as we get into this restoration and things need to be added. Here's the parts I'm looking for right now. I understand many of these will be quite difficult to get and I may have to find other solutions, but can't hurt to ask.

STILL NEED:
  • Early / FJ25 Fog Switch
  • FJ25 PTO & Winch (pipe dream)
  • FJ25 FHT door window hardware
FOUND:
  • FJ25 horn relay
  • FJ25 fuel cap (either type)
  • FJ25 Flasher relay
  • FJ25/Early FJ40 bifold rear door
  • FJ25 column turn signal switch
  • Early ~1960 F135 engine - as close to engine # F12XXXX as possible
  • Early tool roll & tools
  • FJ25 wheels
  • FJ25 E-brake lever or entire trans (I now have 3 partial transmissions, so I hope I can make one complete one)
  • rk30-91100 bottle jack
  • Vacuum wiper motor, Asahi
  • Early Denso clamshell heater
  • FJ45LV bug catcher window (driver side)
  • FJ45LV door lock mechanisms
  • FJ25 shift knobs
  • FJ25 Dash turn signal switch - found, but need the knob
  • Early jack hook & extension
  • Early jack handle storage clips x6
  • Mid-1960s cast door pulls, or LV door pulls
  • Possibly set of 4 FJ55 door lock/latch assemblies with strikers
  • Early Fan Shroud
  • Dual matic 6 spline locking hubs
  • Early Rear view mirrors (inside & out)
  • Early FJ40 Generator
  • Cast or tin style clutch and brake cylinders
  • Vader light and switch
  • Early fender aprons (1960)
Apologies that some of these were posted earlier, just trying to clean up the list and post a single rather than several posts.

Here's the build thread for anyone late to the party

Last edited:

Here you go.

1C5F6E60-B824-489B-BE53-1C6ECD78A610.jpeg

7A1FD6CB-98C8-40B8-B981-4E0CB57E00E9.jpeg

I have the hubs; VM me at the shop to follow up.

I decided maybe it would be best if I just create one ad for parts, and edit as we get into this restoration and things need to be added. Here's the parts I'm looking for right now. I understand many of these will be quite difficult to get and we may have to find other solutions, but can't hurt to ask.

STILL NEED:
  • Early F135 engine - as close to engine # F12XXXX as possible
  • FJ25 E-brake lever
  • rk30-91100 jack
  • FJ25 turn signal switch
  • FJ25 Shift knobs
  • FJ25 Dash turn signal switch
  • FJ25 wheels
  • Vader light and switch :censor:
FOUND:
  • Early Fan Shroud
  • Early FJ40 Generator
Apologies that some of these were posted earlier, just trying to clean up the list and post a single rather than several posts.

You don’t want to run lockout hubs with a 25 transfer case. The case is lubricated by the front drive shaft spinning the front output gear which in turn slings oil through the rest of the transfer case.

Last edited:
You don’t want to run lockout hubs with a 25 transfer case. The case is lubricated by the front drive shaft spinning the front output gear which in turn slings oil through the rest of the transfer case.
I thought i had seen 25s with the dualmatic hubs as a dealer add-on?

Updated the list, found a few parts in the last few days - making good progress! Thinking the toughest thing to find now might be the e-brake assembly or just an FJ25 transmission. Any ideas welcome, anything that might be a suitable replacement (with the existing transmission, I don't want to go with a non-FJ25 trans), etc.

Bump, haven’t updated this in a while. Have found quite a few pieces but still looking for some. Added the PTO & Winch which I know is a pipe dream but can’t hurt to ask, as well as the flasher.

I decided maybe it would be best if I just create one ad for parts, and edit as we get into this restoration and things need to be added. Here's the parts I'm looking for right now. I understand many of these will be quite difficult to get and we may have to find other solutions, but can't hurt to ask.

STILL NEED:
  • Early tool roll & tools
  • Early ~1960 F135 engine - as close to engine # F12XXXX as possible
  • FJ25 E-brake lever or entire trans (I think I might have enough pieces to put this all back together now, but if a complete one came along I'd still be interested in it)
  • FJ25 column turn signal switch
  • Early / FJ25 Fog Switch
  • FJ25 Flasher relay
  • PTO & Winch (pipe dream)
FOUND:
  • FJ25 wheels
  • rk30-91100 bottle jack
  • FJ25 shift knobs
  • FJ25 Dash turn signal switch - found, but need the knob
  • Early jack hook & extension
  • Early jack handle storage clips x6
  • Mid-1960s cast door pulls, or LV door pulls
  • Early Fan Shroud
  • Early FJ40 Generator
  • Vader light and switch

Here's the build thread for anyone late to the party
Hello I have 2 PTO's factory Toyota winches .I have both slave decks ,both PTO drive units,
I have shift assemblies somewhere out there. Both slave decks have cables on them ,I have an assortment of driveshafts for above ,
These are both from 70's area cruisers if interests is there I will be glad start taking pictures of what I have, Thanks Dave

Hello I have 2 PTO's factory Toyota winches .I have both slave decks ,both PTO drive units,
I have shift assemblies somewhere out there. Both slave decks have cables on them ,I have an assortment of driveshafts for above ,
These are both from 70's area cruisers if interests is there I will be glad start taking pictures of what I have, Thanks Dave
Dave, I’m looking for the FJ25 PTO - but I’ll PM you on the other pieces as I think they would work if I’m not able to find the nearly impossible to find single fairlead FJ25 version Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom