FJ45LPB scratchbuild...

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star
Visit site
Finally unpacked my hobby stuff... and got to work on door hinges. Fiddly work forming up small metal and installing very tiny bolts.

241forminghinges.jpg

I use these small bolts to accent/install the hinges. The hex heads are so nice, although not quite JIS.
242tinybolts.jpg

243scale.jpg

First I glue down the hinges in the proper alignment then I drill out the bolt holes.
244drilling.jpg

Then the bolts are glued in. They end up adding to the strength of the hinge as a type of pin.
245bolted.jpg

Last edited:

Rainman

Wondering what my next vehicle will be...
SILVER Star
Website
precisionillustrator.com
Since i'm going to end up selling my 45, can I buy this one to replace it? :cool:

Early on, I wanted to become a model builder professionally. Was a commercial illustrator instead but always loved building models. This job you're doing is just simply awesome.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star
Visit site
Since i'm going to end up selling my 45, can I buy this one to replace it? :cool:

Early on, I wanted to become a model builder professionally. Was a commercial illustrator instead but always loved building models. This job you're doing is just simply awesome.
What a compliment, thanks!

I do have this Tamiya FJ40 for sale... $250 shipped. For what it's worth... ;)

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star
Visit site
Love this build as well, only thing I would change is the axles. The early Tamiya Hilux axles are metal and pretty close to oem!!

View attachment 2595032
I completely agree except for two issues... the are a bit too wide for the 1/10th scale dimensions I'm trying to stick to. Also, the original release Hilux axles are ridiculously expensive and rare to come by.

But they are freaking fantastic axles.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star
Visit site
Next step is adding the louvers to the hood, some reinforcement bits, and then making the hinges and setting it on the body. Then on to the roof, which I think I'm going to do differently than vacuform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom