FJ45LP Body Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having some trouble on replacement body mounts for my '78 pickup. I tried getting the correct mounts special ordered through SOR but, after much searching, they were unable to find them anywhere and Toyota Japan says that they have been discontinued. The mounts for the earlier (US market) 45's, however, are still available. What is the difference between the two? I looked at a friend's late 1960's LPB and the mounts look darn near identical. For that matter, they look pretty much like the C-clip style 40 series mounts. Until I get this sorted out I just order some 40 series mounts to see if they fit the bill. They haven't arrived yet so I thought I'd see if anyone else has run into this.

The parts fiche has two different part numbers for the 40 and 45 mounts but I figure that if they fit my frame and are of a consitent thickness at all 10 bed mounts, I should be okay.

I suppose my main question is this: Has anyone used 40 series body mounts on a 45 bed and had it work?

Not trying to hijack, But what is the general preference for mounts ? OME or just the cheap ones.

All the ones I took off the FJ45 looks like FJ40 mounts to me.

Does Old Man Emu make body mounts? Or did you mean OEM? If I had a choice I'd usually go with Toyota's, but in this case I went with SOR's polyurethane kit.

Like you said, the 45's look just like a 40's, but are they the same dimensions?

Lusedekache said:
Does Old Man Emu make body mounts? Or did you mean OEM? If I had a choice I'd usually go with Toyota's, but in this case I went with SOR's polyurethane kit.

Like you said, the 45's look just like a 40's, but are they the same dimensions?

I meant OEM, My 63 body mounts were nothing but plyed rubber that was basicly rotton when I removed them. I think poly probally is the way to go.

I ordered an Energy Suspenson FJ40 kit. Then tried to order extra of just the ones I needed to complete the kit for my '65 LPB. It took me several tries but I finally got a Sales Rep. that would send me what I needed. I gave him a list of all of the Energy Suspension part numbers and quantity of each that he would need to package and market a FJ45 kit, but he wasn't interested. Said there wasn't enough of a market for them to spend the time to do it. I think to get enough of all the ones you need you'd have to order 3 FJ40 kits. That gets spendy.

I wasn't able to find anyone who had a kit for a reasonable price. The Energy Suspension kit is not the same as the OEM mounts (the cab mounts are square instead of round) but it works, they're the right thickness.

Dan

Sweet, thanks Dan! I see what you mean, the 40 series kit I'm waiting for doesn't have the round mounts so I'll have to deal with that when the time comes. For the time being I'm just going to use the ten of similar size for the bed and use the two big square ones for paperweights until I find a use for them. It seems like one of the big guys, like SOR, would get enough requests that they would put a kit together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom