FJ45 windshield gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone found a source for a molded gasket on the corners. the non molded, they are just a loop tend to walk off the corners even with tape. any sources or tips appreciated. i know that the vehicles with vent window have a smaller glass area. i have heard that you can cut down a later year gasket to fit. the corner radius's are the same. just need to find MOLDED.

my truck is a 65. it has the vent screen that cranks open under the windshield. last year for this. i just need a molded gasket that is like the one that came off. not just a roll or loop with no formed corners. hope this helps.

Ok, I think I understand. And the answer is that I installed the 60011 weatherstrip on both my 64lwb and my 65swb without any issue like that you are describing. It’s been many, many years, but as I recall, I had to take out about 8” of the rubber to downsize it for the earlier frame.

The radius of the windshield frame is much more forgiving than when I tried putting FJ40 1/4 window weatherstripping into the back corner window of the 45 cab. There I was definitely fighting the MOLDED corners.

All of which is to say: be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I understand. And the answer is that I installed the 60011 weatherstrip on both my 64lwb and my 65swb without any issue like that you are describing. It’s been many, many years, but as I recall, I had to take out about 8” of the rubber to downsize it for the earlier frame.

The radius of the windshield frame is much more forgiving than when I tried putting FJ40 1/4 window weatherstripping into the back corner window of the 45 cab. There I was fighting the MOLDED corners.

All of which is to say: be careful what you wish for.
thank you. i will keep fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom