Wanted FJ45 SWB Tail lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it's a long shot, but w
IMG_3877.jpeg
IMG_7261.jpeg
ant to buy two tail lights for a 1965 SWB 45 series. The green one is my new one in need of the lights. The red 45 has the lights I need. Thanks!

Does anyone have a breakdown of these lights? I’d love to see one taken apart to see if they could be reproduced. Sorry @77HesterSue didn’t mean to hijack your thread!

Does anyone have a breakdown of these lights? I’d love to see one taken apart to see if they could be reproduced. Sorry @77HesterSue didn’t mean to hijack your thread!

Hope this helps. I can get better pictures if needed. The lights are not the issue. It’s the clam shell that is impossible to find - I’m guessing.

B7B9B06D-25BE-4553-8CBB-141D285515FF.jpeg

DB62E1F5-BFB2-4CB8-B485-6F4A86EDC32D.jpeg

1251B112-1803-4E89-B6DB-A7F516B3C5FA.jpeg

I have the lights but not the clam shell. A modified/simplified clam shell would be fairly easy to do, I'd think.

Hyhype,

For the piece that goes inside the bed...Can you tell me how deep the part is and what the diameter of the inner surface is?
It is 2.5" deep, the OD of the flange is 5.75", the ID of the flange is 4.75"

Pls refer to attached image.

one complete tail light.jpg

HyHype,
I'm interested to learn if / how you plan to fabricate these.

I have 10 -8" 11ga steel blanks that I was going to try to spin to form the part... but was unable to.

I looked high and low for these a couple years ago. Good on you for making them. Hensteeth item for sure. GLWS!
Mike

I purchased a set from @PapaFJ40 and was very pleased with price, shipping and quality of the part. I know I’ll likely never see another original set for sale. Now I just need to find a SWB bed to build a trailer for my ‘63 SWB FHT.

Last original set that I saw sold went for $730.

Not to steal anyone’s thunder or disrupt any other options for folks but my intent is to eventually try to reproduce thes in metal so folks can finish their projects.

Unfortunately I’m dealing with some significant medical issues that are affecting my ability to do much of anything for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully I can get well enough to tackle this project. The goal will be to make repops at an affordable price. We’ll see.

Dom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom