FJ45 Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently found 2 FJ45 Toyota Land Cruisers. One is a 1965 and the other is a 1966. Both are long beds with removable. They are piles of rust! They are complete, however have been sitting out in the elements in the rusty Midwest since probably new. For the last 15 years they have been yard art if you want to call it that. The bodies are bad, floors gone, the frames are rusted in a few spots, ect...

The good is that they are all complete. Headache racks, interior, drivetrains, axles, ect.. Both have all dash components and switches intact. Hardtops are on them, the front end on one is not too bad. Doors are shot, rockers shot, floors are shot, the beds are bad, ect..

If they were FJ40's I would say that they are worth scrap. Here are my questions.
1. Is there a place to find frames for the long bed FJ45's. I don't really want to patch the frames if I take on the project.
2. Does anyone know where to find body parts for a FJ45? Tubs or Beds
3. Since these are piles of rusty junk, should I just part them out and if so is there any value there? Keep in mind frames and all body panels from the tub rearward are shot.

Thanks for your advice! I have always wanted a FJ45 so one side of me says to take on the project, and the other side of me says these are piles of junk and I should just part them out.

What a shame that they were just sitting and rusting Away. ..... good find but sad they are that far gone. ....any pics?

Some pictures would be great!! Dont be fooled by the rust,there are many useful parts that alot of 45 owners can benefit from. Body parts, frame are hard to find but they are out there. Too bad they were left to rot,but it happens. How much are they? Get some pics and I can give you a much better idea of value and parts that are still usable!

I'm looking for a 40 or a 45 to convert into a camper, windshield back if anyone knows where on is..on the 45 it would be cab on back for the camper idea...

I was told they weren't all rusted out. I drove 4 hours each way to find out they are piles of rust. I guess not all rusted out means there was still a bit of metal holding all the rust together. lol
Anyway I did not take photos. I called the guy back and agreed to buy them. I am second guessing myself now. I guess I see the potential in all these of Cruisers and do not want to see them go to the junk yard. The 1965 is a 1 owner and the 1966 I have no idea. The 1965 has a title the 1966 does not.

skip I might have a camper Fj45 project soon enough for you.

I drove 20 hours on a quest to find the right 45 truck when I got there only to find the owner doctored the photos and was hoping I would buy it since I drove that far....I drove home empty trailered....if you didn't pay a fortune for them good for you. ..

I was referring to the piles of rust that I agreed to buy. They are rough, but I will build one if I can find a good frame and sell off the other parts.

I was referring to the piles of rust that I agreed to buy. They are rough, but I will build one if I can find a good frame and sell off the other parts.
AHhh....got ya....where do you live? There is a shop near me that does amazing work, they are rebuilding a 1957 chevy, I just saw the floor boards they did-- looked like original. ...

My thoughts were that I could go aluminum on the body parts. If I can find a frame I would have everything else to build a original title 1965 FJ45. I saw someone on here that built metal beds at one time. If they still sold them I would buy that and rework the body.

they are on the iowa ill. Border...ccomplete off road.croad.com....maybe worth a look...mMidwest lab
My thoughts were that I could go aluminum on the body parts. If I can find a frame I would have everything else to build a original title 1965 FJ45. I saw someone on here that built metal beds at one time. If they still sold them I would buy that and rework the body.
Go to realsteal.com. they are in ill, they may have something.

$1500 a truck is cheap in Australia where we got 45's all the way til 1984. So I'd say at worst you won't lose. If you don't restore/resto-mod them then your parts might save others!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom