FJ45 Pickup. Is this the correct color for the seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a set of seats so that I could use the covers for patterns and color match. Is this pumpkin color correct and for what years? For the jump seat covers as well yes? Anything else I need to know?
PICT2952.JPG
PICT2953.JPG
PICT2954.JPG

Last edited:
This was the seat color in the FJ40's and FJ45's until 1967 as far as I know. The color has been described as Oxblood, orange, dark red .... I have never seen a good color photo from that era (and perhaps there is no such thing). Cheers.

Had the same color on my

65 45
66 45
66 45
67 40

so yes I believe so..

So I will count you in for 4 sets of covers:D

Are you going to reproduce these covers? I am looking for a set that color for the front bench seats and jump seats for my 61 FJ40. Pattern is the same as the FJ25 seat covers.

SOR only offers grey and would rather have the original color.

Thanks
Bill

Are you going to reproduce these covers? I am looking for a set that color for the front bench seats and jump seats for my 61 FJ40. Pattern is the same as the FJ25 seat covers.

SOR only offers grey and would rather have the original color.

Thanks
Bill

If you do the early 40 patterns, the 25 guys would probably be in for a few sets. I've got a good passenger cover for a pattern, probably could come up with a drivers side also. A few of us were holding out until someone sourced the right material. :D

Yeah, you can count me in, too. :D

FWIW, looks the same as my 67fj45lwb. The correct color for the vinyl leather is T512 Dusty Coral, used on fj45s up to frame number 32449--beyond that, starting in November 1967, the seats used T8112 Dark Gray.

The same scheme was used in fj40s up to frame number 51910.

Mine doesn't look that dark but I guess it depends on the fading..

I'm in for a front set and a jump seat set.

That's so ugly it has to be right. :D

Seriously, how does the color match up? It looks too dark, but I'm used to looking at 40+ year old faded stuff.

Shane, what patterns are you going to do? Living in a 25 world, I'm not sure to what year 40 I'd match.

That's so ugly it has to be right. :D

Seriously, how does the color match up? It looks too dark, but I'm used to looking at 40+ year old faded stuff.

Shane, what patterns are you going to do? Living in a 25 world, I'm not sure to what year 40 I'd match.

I have never seen a 25 or do I know what is correct. This material is dead on the the OE sample I had. The pic is a pic and not true. I bought the only 4 yards he had of this color. The other option is a slightly lighter orange and not so dirty and I can get 20-25 yards of it, problem is that it's $50 a yard.

I will make up a set for a 45 seat frame I have and see what it takes and total cost and then I will know where I am.

Shane

Any update on whether you are going to produce these?

I have one set of 45 seats that I am going to recover. This will tell me what the cost will be and if it will be marketable.

My material supplier is a D!#$ head and hard to deal with.

I hope so,

Shane

oh, please, please, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom