Wanted FJ45 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a few '65 FJ45 parts:
1. turn signal mechanism on the steering column that contains turn signal wires
2. fender turn signals (round)
3. window felts, rubber molding around side windows and door seals (also need all this for a '76 FJ40 that doesn't have pop-out windows)

Cheers,
Mike

3. window felts, rubber molding around side windows and door seals (also need all this for a '76 FJ40 that doesn't have pop-out windows)

Cheers,
Mike
Most of that is still available new from the dealers. Only thing that Im not so sure of is turn signal.

Yeah, should have mentioned that I have some of that in a cart, but thought I'd first see if someone had some good used parts that they were willing to sell.

I’m reasonably sure that I have the turn signals and the switch. But like Casey, I think they’re still available from Toyota, and if it were me, I’d rather have new of those things while I can get them.
And order the fender wiring blocks while your at it.😉

a 65 should have the turn signal switch under the dash and has a long rod that runs along the outside of the column from the lever assembly down to the switch itself.
do you need the entire assembly or just the switch mechanism?

Just the switch. Right turn works, left binds.
It has a metal cover that’s specifically designed to come off so you can clean the contacts and lubricate the pivot.

Because we used to live in a less disposable world. And Toyota did too.

Well, that could work. But, it'd be easier and cheaper. I dunno, not used to that kind of a solution.

Just the switch. Right turn works, left binds.

i have BOTH a NEW complete Turn Signal Switch , and 2 NEW round Fender Lamps ,

- the Turn Signal Switch is the new updated / latest version genuine TOYOTA Parts

- i have the ROUND Fender Lamps either Standard Incandescent or in a UPGRADED LED FORMAT

- you can either choose to install 60+ year old used parts that will be a similar condition as the ones you have now ,

or

- install NEW OEM ones and do the repair once and they will last another 60 + years

- all 3 Parts / one switch and 2 lamps are general SAFTEY items to be on the road driving with , is it really worth saving 15-20 bucks and rolling your TEq life's DICE ?

- that really is what it comes down to ,

its gonna be bitter cold here soon everywhere , and crusty old parts don't like to move around like wires below zero out .........

- this is a common sense choice here in my opinion 🤔

saftey - Copy.png

Mike - you should pull the steering wheel and check the cancellors that @3_puppies mentions above. They have been known to cause issues like jamming the steering column. Worth the check. Also, inside the switch unit there’s the connection point (pivot) that @65swb45 mentions above. In addition to lubrication, this is a marginally riveted connection from the factory, it can loosen and not function properly. Here’s a link in my 45 thread that addresses fixing that if loose, easy peasy:
I was able to disassemble and repair the switch I have. The shaft that turns the lever that moves the switch from left to right was loose (red circled area in pic posted by @WhiteyFJ40) so I just tapped that down to tighten it up. It now fully engages both directions of switch.
View attachment 2452533

Thanks guys. Steering wheel removal is now near the top of the list. And I'll straighten the steering wheel on my 40 too. Just a tooth off, but annoying nonetheless.

DFCD02CD-C34B-4729-BE75-E94F545FF647.jpeg

About 10 used ones that I could put my hands on. All SoCal clean.😉

Cheers,
Mike
I just installed new window felts and inner and outer felt/rubber moldings on a 72 FJ40 on Tuesday. I got everything from City Racer. They work really nice.

He has round turn signals also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom