FJ45 lwb - bikini + seatbelts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so ya'll running your 45lwb with the bikini tops, what did you do about the seatbelts? If you have a link to the specific lap belt you got, please post it.

State law in NJ says I must wear a seat belt.

Idears? Links?

Mine is a 77 Canadian spec .... has the shoulder/lap combo and there is no place to mount the shoulder with the top removed :(

Toyota offers a lap belt that would work for ya, you would prolly only need to add the outboard part, the inboard part should work

I answered this in the 40s tech cross post. Someone there mentioned attaching to the headache rack, which I feel would be mucho mistake.

I was sort of afraid that there was a pic of Junk wearing a bikini made out of old seatbelts...WHEW!

63-67 US lwb pickups had only lapbelts. As for the later non US ones with the shoulder ones, get some lap belts.

I just got my 78 on the road with the top and back panel off. The seat belt still works properly ( locking up like a normal seat belt ) with the retracting portion left in place on the tub. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward. Went fishing and found out stock seats are good for short distances only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom