FJ45 History / Build Date? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out more information regarding my 1976 FJ45RP-KW Pickup (UK Model) so I can source parts with better accuracy and was after some help.

It seems as though during 1976 there was a design change from July to August (07/1976-08/1976) as on ToyoDIY there are different part numbers and varying price ranges depending on the build month.

Is there any way I can identify the build month of my truck from the VIN Plate details?

(Frame No. FJ45-99154)

I've also found another interesting stamp, but after a bit of research it just seems to be a verification that it meets seat belt anchor point regulations...

Got a fair bit of work to do on this old girl and will be posting up some further pics as I progress but for now here is how she looks (sorry about the glare
doh.gif
)

(This is also posted on Land Cruisers Owners Club site here)

Cheers,

Scott

Welcome Scott
All the info you seek is on this forum you just need to word it right to find it with the search engine. :)

G'day mate. Welcome and nice rig. Are you in the UK, and if so, is that a UK delivered truck? I never knew they were sold over there (except the handful sold to the Irish army). As for the build month it should be on the ID tag, but yours isn't. Are they the factory tags? There should two on the firewall and the chassis # etched into the front RH frame horn, outer side. There is an FJ45 VIN/chassis# registry here, but I've never read it with much detail as it's mostly US trucks.

What hubcaps are they?

EDIT: They're stock ratty hubcaps. I'm after a set. If you have four and are looking to upgrade to shiny ones then maybe we could work something out?

Thanks Oz & Cult, will keep trying the search engine but your right on getting the wording correct!

@ Cult, I'm from NZ originally but after a quick dig online it looks as though they started sales here in the UK to the general public in 1975.
Those are the only tags I could find and I can only assume they are factory as the rest of the car is original but I'll try and clean up the frame further to find some more detail.
Factory hubcaps, even go over the front hubs. Seen them on a few other 45's in pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom