Fj45 factory tyre options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've seen where 7.50-16 were used. I believe that's about 32" tall.

My ‘78 came with HR78-15 tires from factory. In modern terms that is about a 7.5 tire with an OD of about 28”. No way were they 33 or 35. Quite sure no one even made a tire in that size back in the day.

My ‘78 came with HR78-15 tires from factory. In modern terms that is about a 7.5 tire with an OD of about 28”. No way were they 33 or 35. Quite sure no one even made a tire in that size back in the day.
Yeah fair enough, I've just been told here in Aus they might have been a factory option. Trying to figure out what the biggest tyre I can "legally" run hahaha.

Yeah fair enough, I've just been told here in Aus they might have been a factory option. Trying to figure out what the biggest tyre I can "legally" run hahaha.
33's here in aus without mod plates. Cops are more concerned with the tires sticking out the guards. I was pulled over by a cop and given the once twice and thrice over for anything out of order. They were:

1. Tires too wide, stick out the mud guards

2. Width between the two front tires was too great. (I mean WT....... who even measures that)

I was running 33x12.5r15 on -44 sunnies. But i doubt 35's will fly. (Cop failed to notice that the exhaust consisted of the dump pipe and nothing else, 12ht).

Does anyone know if the fj45 came with 33" or 35" tyres from factory? Cheers.
Biggest is been 9.00-15-6PR = 33”.
tire-size-jpg.1358030

33's here in aus without mod plates. Cops are more concerned with the tires sticking out the guards. I was pulled over by a cop and given the once twice and thrice over for anything out of order. They were:

1. Tires too wide, stick out the mud guards

2. Width between the two front tires was too great. (I mean WT....... who even measures that)

I was running 33x12.5r15 on -44 sunnies. But i doubt 35's will fly. (Cop failed to notice that the exhaust consisted of the dump pipe and nothing else, 12ht).
Okay 33" sounds like the go!! And I swear they've got nothing better to do than pick on 4x4 owners... who gives a toss wether or not my tyres stick out a inch or two! Not like im putting someone in danger? Also how much poke did you have with neg 44?

Okay 33" sounds like the go!! And I swear they've got nothing better to do than pick on 4x4 owners... who gives a toss wether or not my tyres stick out a inch or two! Not like im putting someone in danger? Also how much poke did you have with neg 44?
I know right such a pia i ran them anyway and still do on my 79. American's don't know that they are alive with their road rules. Anyhow, these are the only pics i have at the moment. I reckon -44 look the bit.

IMG_20171225_073056.jpg

IMG_20171207_180212.jpg

IMG_20171207_180307.jpg

IMG_20171207_180227.jpg

Oh, and if you start a build thread, can you please post the link in here or tag me? I'd be interested. Thanks mate👍🤙

Thats a old man emu 2" lift kit mate but if I'm honest i don't know that i would do that kit again. I would like terrain tamers parabolic's but I'm not sure whether they make em for a 40
Yeah I'm a bit sceptical on " old man emu" running gear. Been reading up on it, quite a few bad reviews. But I've been leading towards getting a 80 series chassis with coils all round then kitting it out with superior engineering 3-4" adjustable sus.

So, even in Australia the cops need something easy to whine and write tickets about. Well, because tires that are 1" wider than the body rob stores, speed in school zones, launder money, sell and even manufacture drugs. I thought it was just US laws that were asinine.
Did you know that if a cop see's someone using their phone with a debit card on it to pay for food at a drive through, they will issue a large fine for using your phone? I and did I mention the cop who issues me with a fine (later degraded to a caution) for speeding at 102km/h in a 100 zone? (1.2miles per hour)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom