FJ45 bed holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed most if not all fj45 beds have these holes drilled in the side near the tailgate. Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know the purpose of these holes?

IMG_20201019_173438481.jpg

IIRCC there was a stock set of hoops, similar to a factory soft top hoop, not available in all markets.
there should be plastic plugs to cover the holes.

The rarely seen optional stake-bed had raised side pieces that held the stake sides, and the rear end of each side piece had a flat bar that slipped down inside the bed's upright channel, to be bolted on either of the ends of each bed side. Most of the trucks long ago lost the plastic hole plugs. Similarly there was a bracket that attached at the triangular brace on the headache rack, and a cross-hoop to tie the stake bed sides together above the tailgate.

It looks like someone attached a tube with snaps under the side lips of your bed--interesting way to attach a bed cover.

Thanks for the replies and explanations. And yes the pic of the optional stake bed! Pretty cool. My truck did come with a custom/aftermarket canvas canopy. It looks pretty awesome installed, but it doesn't fit in my garage with the canopy on...from what I can tell, the button snaps on my truck are attached via rivets to the stock bed rail, and an added flat bar with welded on tubes allow the hoops to be installed.

IMG_20201020_094614359.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom