FJ45 and HJ45 body/frame/drivetrain the same? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I am doing a frame off for my HJ45 for my Pan-American trip next year. I just took the body off the frame and I am getting ready to order the suspension, lockers, P/S conversion, disc brake conversion, etc.

My main question is besides my truck have a 2H motor and RHD is everything else for the most part the same (i.e the body/frame/drivetrain)? Will the axles, lockers, brakes, bearings, etc be the same?

I need to order lockers and a disc brake conversion kit, but I need to know if I can just order the same kit for a 1979 FJ45 or FJ40 and it will fit on my 1979 HJ45.

Also any suggestions on a good place to get a front/rear disc brake conversion and what lockers to use (I am thinking front/rear Detroit).

Thanks!

Apart from rhd should be the same

"My main question is besides my truck have a 2H motor and RHD is everything else for the most part the same (i.e the body/frame/drivetrain)? Will the axles, lockers, brakes, bearings, etc be the same?"

No differences as far as the drivetrain is concerned.
No differences as far as the frame, axles, bearings and suspension are concerned
Brake systems are largely the same, save for brake line routing.

Body differences are present, but are of a very minor nature. Things like the routing of vacuum lines on the firewall would be different between models. The B and H diesels had the exhaust routed on different sides, as one case in point, so there are differences in brake line configuration, heat shielding, location of vacuum reservoir, exhaust mounting brackets between those models.

RHD to LHD there are numerous differences in things like speedo cables, throttle cables, brake lines, pedal box, pedals, heater blower, heater ducts, windshield frame, windshield wiper linkage, some steering parts, heater cables, seats, location of antenna, presence of tachometer or not, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom