eBay FJ45 1984 on Ebay - hmmmm in Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Something is fishy here, $33,000 ?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

more

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

s-l1600 (16).jpg

s-l1600 (17).jpg

s-l1600 (21).jpg

more

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (18).jpg

Agreed--looks nice but some things seem questionable. South American later serial number, a possible repro 1983-84 bed but not an '84 dash. Flat or matte paint can hide unevenness in the body panels. Wonder why they didn't remove the Saran Wrap on the diff, the leaves, and the frame?

If representation is fully honest, pricing would command more, but verifying engine rebuild parts and the competence of the rebuilder, along with body work that was done, needs fully checked out. It appears now that some of these southern imports have upped their game and are presenting a better cosmetic appearance that includes OldManEmu parts and name-brand tires--it's become a whole industry down there now. But........ none of us wants tricked or deceived--so I say go physically look at it, with a very critical eye, before parting with your money. I would like to be wrong and take people at their word, but I don't know these people, their operation, or their reputation.

Again just my own personal opinion.

Second what @Bear said... Lots of parts from lots of trucks to make that rig... I bet this was a purchase by someone with money in texas from a SA build shop that came through florida and now that they have it and are looking at it up close, they want out. No body pictures from up close and the all caps AS-IS warnings make me itch...

They don't say much on the Ebay ad either, would be interesting to go look at it.

Grateful to @Bear and @BreckenridgeCruiser for your eyes to see all the things wrong that other folks (like me) might miss.

I think of it like a game... Try to spot the irregularities! Have to have some fun with all of these SA trucks coming into the country is so many states of weirdness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom