Fj43 or FJ60??!! Check out the pictures!!What do you think ?! (1 Viewer)

Fj43 or the Fj60?

• Fj43

• Fj60

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this is my second maybe 3rd threads that I post...
I have the ability to buy and import one of these...and I honestly never owned either before!! But I did ride in them when I was little. It was always fun..
So what do you guys think FJ43 soft top , or FJ60? Here are pictures of the actual one that I'm looking to buy.
1-FJ60
20200601_073801.jpg
20200601_074008.jpg

2- FJ43
20200601_075501.jpg
Screenshot_20200601-080834_Chrome.jpg

20200601_074113.jpg

Apples and oranges.

The 40 series is much more tractor like. Loud, hot/cold, noisy, older, no insulation, worse on the highway but SUPER cool and well it's a 40, the best land cruiser ever. Drop the top, enjoy it and all of the tons of quirks/issues that go with it.

The 60 is way more refined, easier to drive, hauls more gear, cruises down the highway with heat/AC and is nicely weather proof. It however will not scratch that 40 series itch of top off, doors off, tractor like fun and soul.

Both are cool rigs, I guess it depends on what you want to do with it?

Looks like they’re coming from the Middle East. Some very nicely optioned late model 40s come from over there (heat, AC, PS, etc). Looks like the 43 you posted has none of that - you might want a heater in Idaho... :rolleyes:

I’d look for a nicer one or otherwise get the 60.

Looks like they’re coming from the Middle East. Some very nicely optioned late model 40s come from over there (heat, AC, PS, etc). Looks like the 43 you posted has none of that - you might want a heater in Idaho... :rolleyes:

I’d look for a nicer one or otherwise get the 60.
John, very true...in august I brought this over to idaho.. View attachment 2326427
And it did not have a heater (and it was very rough 🥶🥶🥶)...I just sold it last week to a very nice guy in Lehi, UT..

Good chance that FJ43 besides not having heater very well good has a three speed transmission. As for the FJ60 is has vent windows in the front doors and grab handles on the B pillars. Both nice options but H55F and cable lockers are even nicer. Would need at least one or both for me to import one. Not going to find a diesel in the Middle East. The FJ43 to have piece off multiple years. But guessing no newer than a 77. Middle East didn't get very many H55F in the 40 series. Seen a late LX for sale that only had a four speed. Would buy a FJ43 from the Middle of it was a 8/80+. Only FJ40 would have to be a late 10/82+ LX with A/C and power steering.

First the looks of the 43,
and can always buy a powersteering, heather, hard top etc and add it to the 43,
And second you can never find a soft top for the 60

So the 43

Last edited:
First the looks of the 43,
and can always buy a powersteering, heather, hard top etc and add it to the 43,
And second you can never find a soft top for the 60

So the 43

Finding factory power steering is not easy to find. Personally never had a real problem with manual steering on the 4X series. Most common hard top for the mid wheel base is those locally made in Columbia and those are not easy to find. Most factory mid wheel base hard tops were JDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom