FJ43 OME Lift Rear Shock Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys i have a 82 43 that we used an OME kit for. Front springs and shocks for a 40 series work fine. However, rear required 45 springs but the shocks that OME supply for rear are too short. Any part numbers or recommendations for a shock from OME that will work for rear? Thanks!

43/44/46 is basically the same suspension as a 45/47... What shocks were you trying to install in the back?

Hey guys i have a 82 43 that we used an OME kit for. Front springs and shocks for a 40 series work fine. However, rear required 45 springs but the shocks that OME supply for rear are too short. Any part numbers or recommendations for a shock from OME that will work for rear? Thanks!

ARB Tech looking into this for you? I know they called us on this exact manner :D

Edit: Who supplied the kit? OME doesn't offer any 4x Series kits, they rely on retailers/installers to choose the correct components.

What is the distance at full extension pin to pin? What was the part number you tried to install?

I'm running into a similar issue with my FJ45. I picked stick length Bilsteins and they're an inch too short. My pin to pin distance is 24".

I see that some OME shocks have a 660mm or 685mm open distance. Is that enough to go pin to pin at full drop?

-Geoff

ARB Tech looking into this for you? I know they called us on this exact manner :D

Edit: Who supplied the kit? OME doesn't offer any 4x Series kits, they rely on retailers/installers to choose the correct components.

Kurt Transamerican supplied everything. The ARB tech just emailed me and said the N76 is what he recommends since the one supplied was too short to mount up. We are using 45 springs in the rear from the OME. The factory shock mount up top is whats being used and that is connecting to the mounting point on the ubolt plate. What are your thoughts? Thanks for your help.

My thoughts? You should trust your Cruiser purchases worth places that have heard of an FJ43 :D

The N76 with conversion bushings should get you taken care of. Same info we passed along to ARB for your sales rep. The u-bolt plate rears need the N76 or equivalent. You'll want to tweak the 3R springs unless the 43 is quite robust.

Stock Suspension for reference

1983 FJ43L-KC

OME steering stabilizer ( exception )

IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG

i’m
having this exact issue on mine. 1982 FJ43. Did the N76 shocks fix the issue? The kit came with OME 60064 shocks and are about an inch too short.

4518BABB-E4C1-4AC2-8703-0B9E07566161.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom