Wanted FJ43 Identification help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
I am currently stationed in the middle east and ha e the opportunity to potentially purchase a 1982 FJ43. Seller tells me it's a factory soft top and the roll bar is original. Can anyone confirm from this picture?

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to inspect before buying?

A2E1F0C0-3C84-46AB-987F-48982C001152.jpeg

91771DA6-127B-41E0-9B28-3E964B12283E.jpeg

C348C28D-9A9F-4C1C-8269-5F43521324B6.jpeg

Definitely not an original roll bar. The interior, tough to tell but doesn’t look original from those photos either. Half doors are cool but not original, if it’s a factory soft top the bows are missing, and the top probably isn’t. Sure it’s a 43? Wheelbase looks more 40. Maybe just the angle of the photo. VIN plate will tell you for sure.

All that said it may still be a nice truck, but make sure you’re not paying for originality if that’s important to you.

A word to the wise: when you hear from others (as above) that you have been deceived about some things, be mindful that the other things you were told are also possibly not true as well.

The wheels, the seat upholstery, the cut rear quarter panels, the incorrect mirrors, and the missing reflectors all point to a patch job. The lack of care to be missing the jump seats, the bumperettes, the apron emblems, a wiper, the cracked tail lenses, the beaten front bumper don't point to a well-cared-for vehicle. Don't be the foolish American that falls for the local line of bullshxx. Let him sell it to his hipster friends.

Go look at lots of other examples and you'll learn what's correct and have a better idea of what's an honest price for an honest Land Cruiser.

Agree with all of the above... doesn't even look like a MWB FJ43... hard pass. Unless you are getting it for a song,( it may be a decent rust free 40 frame)

How much ??? are they asking for it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom