fj40s in junk yards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
so how come you people never said anything about all them fj40s,45,55,and 60s you got in the junk yards down there in phx. i about crapped my pants when i walked into one of them and saw a fj45 wagon just sitting there. you trying to hide them or something?

mike

I don't know of any junk yards in town with good cruisers. Where exactly were you?

well now i dunno if i should tell my secret
tee hee
it was on south 40th street its called tyoyta "R" Us or just toyota salvage
i also went to one on 16th street near some european auto yards and it had i think 4 fj40s. they all had good fenders and cowls and frames, some of the tubs looked perfect.

let me know if you need more and ill dig up some directions for u.

mike

I work right around the corner from Toyo-salvage on 40th st. and they ain't got chit over there. I stop in once a week and pick over what they don't have. Where was the 45 wagon?

you must be talking about a diff toyo salavge then. they had like 3 or 4 fj40s, a fj55, and a fj60 they were also the ones with the fj45 wagon. the wagon looked fairly recent since it wasnt in the line of cars yet just parked in front of them.

mike

Parts in Phoenix

I know about the oneon 40th street. Get off of the interstate at 40th and go (I believe north) about 1 1/2 - 2 blocks. I got my engine and seats from the 55 last year. About 3 months ago they just got the 60 in. Not a "great" selection but a fair place to dig around in. Larry

there are two yota salvage places right on 40th street,, toyota salvage and all imports. they got some stuff, but if your pockets are deep enough you can find all the cruiser parts you want at a little place on 16th st. just south of the river bottom.

Allright,
I went to Toyo-salvage on 40th street last night on my way home. I was in there last week on Tues or Weds and yes they have about 4 40 series a 55 (which they've had for about a month) and a 60 (also realatively new to the yard). When I walked I almost crapped myself when low and behold there sat an fj45lv. They said it came in on Friday last week. I talked to them about purchasing the truck and I will be negotiating final pricing with Jim today. Assuming all goes well, there will be another 45lv running around soon. I'll be getting pics this morning when I go to talk to Jim.

45LV HAS BEEN PURCHASED!!!

Not by me but by my friend Mike who's old LV is the burned one I own. I'll have pics today!

i took a couple pics myself i was so excited to see it. Ie never seen one inperson before till that one. congradulations and make sure to post lots of pics. You think it will be a 350 conversion since there was no engine?

post pics soon!!!

Pics are up over on Pirate.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259627

Mikes plans as of today are 350/th350/unknown tcase/ centered rear diff. Basically this one will end up costing alot more and taking alot longer than his 1st one would have but in the end it will be a much more comfortable daily driver. His plan include AC and a few other modern additions. The exterior will be a clean original type paint job with a slight lift and maybe some 32's or 33's on stock wheels and caps. The interior will also remain relatively stock with just some comfort upgrades like air and stereo blah blah blah. There will be plenty of pics along the way. Hopefully he'll be joining us here sooner or later. He has web access but he's not the junkie that many of us are. Whether he likes it or not he's gonna be joining the CSC and he WILL be involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom