FJ40 with Lexus 1UZFE V8 engine and Automatic 100 series transmission.

Folks,

Check out my very unique FJ40. Extremely stable at high speeds because of huge center gravity right in the middle.

Crazy build with Lexus V8/100 series transmission, Very capable 4X4 with all time 4WD..... but mostly built for highway and in town.

and body kit to make it look good from rear.

Last edited:

Tank5

SILVER Star
Why did you attach the metal strap strip around the sides of the cowl and kick vents?

Guys, the rear quarter panel kit is just add on , I wanted FJ to look wider from rear, Can be taken off . Everyone is paying attention to the quarter panel .. I put so much work all over and nobody seems to look there :)

I put the link to let you guys know that with **huge weight right in the middle of FJ40 makes FJ40 really really stable***

I go to 0-60 in 6 seconds... and 70 MPh is a everyday thing for me. On corners .. its not a sports car but still very very good.

I know what about to say its pure blasphemy .. but I drove a new jeep and my FJ40 is right there... may be not all the way but its up there.

Also, 1UZFE is all aluminum ..and 100 series transmission and transfer case is twice the weight of the engine.. and hence very good stabilty.

Original FJ40.. Engine was soooo heavy and small transmission that make it very unstable at high speeds.

Think about how Tesla's are so stable...because the weight of the car is right in the middle with huge battery.

Just my observation.

No, we looked, drivetrain is cool, any more pics of front driveshaft , interested to see how it fit, engine bay wise as well, how long is rear driveshaft ?

Were there any floor mods, how low does that t-case hang ? Just curious , have you used the 4x4 ? does that t-case need to be locked or is it constant mesh ?

Were there any floor mods, how low does that t-case hang ? Just curious , have you used the 4x4 ? does that t-case need to be locked or is it constant mesh ?
No floor mods at all. 100 Series is 4WD all the time. One can engage and disenage by just turning the manual hubs. 100 Transmission and Transfer don't break.. you can imagine how strong this FJ40 is.

No, we looked, drivetrain is cool, any more pics of front driveshaft , interested to see how it fit, engine bay wise as well, how long is rear driveshaft ?
I will post some picture. Front driveshaft is longer. Rear is around 24 inch. ... I think front is 36 inches.. just my guess.

No issues in fitting the engine.

1UZFE .. oil pan is rear drop. I had to use SC400 oil pan and pickup since those are rear drop.

Guys, the rear quarter panel kit is just add on , I wanted FJ to look wider from rear, Can be taken off . Everyone is paying attention to the quarter panel ..
Yes, take it off. And flip the bezel too, it’s upside down. 🙃
1633986093346.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom