fj40 wiper arm questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
rain and fog are picking up, so new wipers are in order. SOR has some Anco blades I was looking at for my May, '71 fj40. However, their site says these blades are good for "9/72-12/74 ". can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between my arms and 9/72?

link to the blades I was looking for:
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat193.tam?xax=3460&anchor=#193-140

Also, is there a better blade than these ones? I have never been really happy with the blades I have found, especially in the snow.

thanks!
Dustin

Wipers

My 68 FJ40 has little short blades. I went to Walmart and bought a set of refills for about $3 and cut them to length. I replaced just the rubber part.
The blades I bought are long enough to do another replacement.
After all the rubber part is what does the work. Getting the whole new assembly is like buying new wheels every time you buy tires. Probably not a good analogy but you get the idea. It might just be that I'm cheap!
The various LC websites that peddle parts seem to be way proud of their wiper blades.
It shouldn't harm the esthetics and originality of your vehicle to use non-oem wiper blades.
Paul

i got mine at checker and cut them to fit, bought some from sor once too, rip off

I got OEM arms and blades from CCOT. They work great even during the heavy rainfall in the hurricane season. Use a good wax or rain-x on the entire windshield to help w/ the areas outside of the wiper arcs. I can't give an opinion w/ snow though.

any advice on how to tighten the wiper arms so that they slide less down the windshield?

dustin said:
rain and fog are picking up, so new wipers are in order. SOR has some Anco blades I was looking at for my May, '71 fj40. However, their site says these blades are good for "9/72-12/74 ". can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between my arms and 9/72?

link to the blades I was looking for:
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat193.tam?xax=3460&anchor=#193-140

Also, is there a better blade than these ones? I have never been really happy with the blades I have found, especially in the snow.

thanks!
Dustin

Dustin, the 73-74 arms don't have the extra little tab on them that attaches with a screw [the part that EVERYBODY keeps loosing! :eek: ] AND the part where the blade attaches is wider, so it hold the blade more securely. Marv Specter talked me into upgrading my arms to the 73-74 style many years ago, and I have been very happy with the change, AND the wider availability of blades for those arms.

I sell stuff like that if you're interested. ;) :grinpimp:

Cool Mark- I will prob be giving you a call. I have an extra wiper set that I am going to look at, I seem to remember it not having the little finger thing. But if it does, I would love to upgrade.

Mark- you ever "upgrade" your door lock on the passenger side? I missed that 45 run, so couldnt hook you up. :(

cheers!
Dustin

dustin said:
Mark- you ever "upgrade" your door lock on the passenger side? I missed that 45 run, so couldnt hook you up. :(

cheers!
Dustin

Nope; still waiting for you! Actually, just yesterday I was thinking about rattle canning up another set of 65fj45 doors that I have in storage and putting them on the dd cause they've got better bug catcher w/s than mine and have holes for more speakers! I'll have to remember to drill that hole B4 I paint! ;p

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom