FJ40 Winch Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Guys,
I had a fj40 bumper custom made for a warn 8274. Now I’m questioning the investment in the 8274. What winch alternatives are there for this style of front mount? Again, mounting direct to a reinforced bumper without baseplate.

Hi Guys,
I had a fj40 bumper custom made for a warn 8274. Now I’m questioning the investment in the 8274. What winch alternatives are there for this style of front mount? Again, mounting direct to a reinforced bumper without baseplate.
Post a pic of what you had made. The bolt pattern is the same for planetary and 8274. If your winch mount is above the frame rails you can probably
mount any planetary winch, feet forward to the mount. Warn prefers you do that with the 12-16.5K winches anyway. The problem with the narrow frame of the 40 is that the 8274 is about the only winch that will mount between the rails. Because the 8274 is so tall, between the rails is the preferred mounting position.
In hot climates like Az , the over the rails mounting position blocked a lot of airflow

Post a pic of what you had made. The bolt pattern is the same for planetary and 8274. If your winch mount is above the frame rails you can probably
mount any planetary winch, feet forward to the mount. Warn prefers you do that with the 12-16.5K winches anyway. The problem with the narrow frame of the 40 is that the 8274 is about the only winch that will mount between the rails. Because the 8274 is so tall, between the rails is the preferred mounting position.
In hot climates like Az , the over the rails mounting position blocked a lot of airflow
mount it in the bumper like I did!

in flag I still had to put cardboard in front of the radiator. Just don’t forget it’s there when towing your boat and heading back east. made it far as arkansas before she blew the engine. But not her fault it was mine i left the cardboard in front of the radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom