FJ40 winch bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not sure, but I think I saw in a microfiche once where there was a different bumper setup from Toyota for a factory optional electric winch.

Is this the winch Mark? I think 1973 if my memory serves me correctly.

1669699855129.png

1669700058264.png
1669700133443.png

What do you use that line for?
For pulling hogs and deer out of canyons. In steep canyons with no down hill road access dragging it up hill is a nightmare. There is about 900" of 1/8" cable there. You hook onto the hog or buck, then use the winch to pull it up the hill. It is also a possible to hitch a ride and get some help climbing out yourself.

This cable is not suitable for pulling the vehicle.

There used to be a metal basket welded to the top of the winch. I took it off. IT was large enough to carry a hog or deer. This was a good way. It kept the road dust off the carcass. dust causes mold growth on the meat. Putting it up front cools it quicker. Putting a carcass in the back with the people is messy and the ticks and fleas get on the passengers.

My project vehicle was a hardcore hunter. I am bringing it back to more roadworthy and factory like. Many changes were made to optimize it for hunting.

For pulling hogs and deer out of canyons. In steep canyons with no down hill road access dragging it up hill is a nightmare. There is about 900" of 1/8" cable there. You hook onto the hog or buck, then use the winch to pull it up the hill. It is also a possible to hitch a ride and get some help climbing out yourself.

This cable is not suitable for pulling the vehicle.

There used to be a metal basket welded to the top of the winch. I took it off. IT was large enough to carry a hog or deer. This was a good way. It kept the road dust off the carcass. dust causes mold growth on the meat. Putting it up front cools it quicker. Putting a carcass in the back with the people is messy and the ticks and fleas get on the passengers.

My project vehicle was a hardcore hunter. I am bringing it back to more roadworthy and factory like. Many changes were made to optimize it for hunting.
Very cool. That was exactly what I figured it was used for. 900’! That was my next question. No electric winch would like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom