Fj40 vin number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello every one, Im new to the forum and have a question on a fj40 vin number.
Im not sure what year it is, it goes 2-fj40-15---
All the research I've done indicates that the first imported fj40 in 1964 stared at 22---
Thank you in advanced.

Google it. I think Cool Cruisers Of Texas has the info for decoding the vin on their website.

At another location I have 2~FJ40~XXXXX parts vehicle. The VIN plaque shows it as a 1963 model. If I remember can get the VIN next week.
It's the one on the right. Hood and bib are off later FJ40s. One on the left is a 1~FJ40~XXXXX VIN. It has a black VIN plaque and do not remember if has model it. The other is the silver style as is a plaque with 3~FJ40~ × with 1964 model. Most early FHT did not V after the L in the model.
20220410_121615.jpg

At another location I have 2~FJ40~XXXXX parts vehicle. The VIN plaque shows it as a 1963 model. If I remember can get the VIN next week.
It's the one on the right. Hood and bib are off later FJ40s. One on the left is a 1~FJ40~XXXXX VIN. It has a black VIN plaque and do not remember if has model it. The other is the silver style as is a plaque with 3~FJ40~ × with 1964 model. Most early FHT did not V after the L in the model.
Thank very much, i will get a picture of mine once i get home.View attachment 3117613
You guys are awesome

I did google it, cool cruisers data table stats at 1964 with 22xxx
I could be missing something. Thank you.

Reactions: dtm
I did google it, cool cruisers data table stats at 1964 with 22xxx
I could be missing something. Thank you.

That date table was originally on Specter Off Road site. Other sites have just copied it as far as I know. Never pre dated 1964. @JohnnyC had a thread on posting VINs for early FJ40s. Believe my 61 production with a 62 title is 1~FJ40~108XX. 61s had a few carryover from the FJ25. My early 61 had the air intake for the air cleaner on the apron. The later one does not. Both still have the large gas cap like the FJ25. The original FJ40 had dual sided turn signals. Believe that ended some time in 1962. My 62 production parts FJ40 did not turn signals when I bought it. It did still have the same tail lights the same size the bib lights. Those changed some time in 1963.

Hello

In 62’ under 600 tlc were sold ... however that is the number sold not imported ... they were imported then sold various years

In the registry there were 62’ build year trucks sold in 62’ as well as 63’ and even two years later in 64’

Copy paste from another of my posts in the registry thread:

“Early cruisers were very sketchy as the amounts being shipped and sold were not in line and many cruiser were sold as new sometimes years past their build date. This can be seen in the earlier cruisers listed here. Some 25's were even sold like 4 years after build .... they sold off what was on the shipping lots. I had conversations with a port worker and even he said that they sat for years... never seeming to move. So trucks built/shipped/sold is somewhat sketchy in earlier years.”

See registry here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom