FJ40 Venezuelan Dana 60 rear axle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As export from Venezuela directly is close impossible now everything comes through Colombia that's why now you see these Dana 60 come from Colombia

Yes, I didn’t mean that it is a Colombian-assembled 40, just that it was purchased there and imported from there.

Interested. Do these fit Toyota 6 lug wheels? What do they sell for?

Yes. Fits regular wheels and normal width.
No idea what it’s worth. Most likely just going to want it gone so it's not taking up floor space. I may take the shafts out to compare them to regular Cruiser shafts.

image.jpg

Yes. Fits regular wheels and normal width.
No idea what it’s worth. Most likely just going to want it gone so it's not taking up floor space. I may take the shafts out to compare them to regular Cruiser shafts.

View attachment 2600165
Awesome thanks, yea Id be interested depending what you find out. Im not near you, but my sisters both live down the road in Port St Lucie.

Awesome thanks, yea Id be interested depending what you find out. Im not near you, but my sisters both live down the road in Port St Lucie.

Yeah, right down the road :lol:
Do they like axles?

For those interested: Was able to connect with @cruisermatt over the weekend to pick up this interesting piece and check out the awesome projects he has going on at his shop. Great guy. Thanks again Matt! My plan is to put a truetrac in it. I’ll be saving that bearing info for when I dig into it. Any other suggestions would be welcome

Pictures below
8D902778-261A-4DEF-A0CC-6D5A6A633489.jpeg
A5E0BF19-22E9-4EC2-9275-7B83F385A31F.jpeg
1483F58A-9133-4B8D-A87D-9E0EEE6958C9.jpeg

Hi guys. Enjoyed reading all this about VZ FJ’s. I have one my brother in law bought in Miami, and I’m working on it for him. I found a wiring diagram which most closely resembled what was left of the original (not much), and I’ve rewired it. Now, on to the brakes. The wheel cylinder has “Wagner” on it and resembles pics above. It’s an 82. Can anyone steer me in a direction for rear brake parts? Wheel cylinders, shoes and drums.

Hi guys. Enjoyed reading all this about VZ FJ’s. I have one my brother in law bought in Miami, and I’m working on it for him. I found a wiring diagram which most closely resembled what was left of the original (not much), and I’ve rewired it. Now, on to the brakes. The wheel cylinder has “Wagner” on it and resembles pics above. It’s an 82. Can anyone steer me in a direction for rear brake parts? Wheel cylinders, shoes and drums.
I had to get new backing plates, all the guts, shoes and new drums from a 79 fj40 when I did mine. I have no idea what they used for the rear drums on the Venezuelan fj40's so this was the easiest and best option for me. I spent a month trying to figure out the rear drums and got no where. You have to re drill the backing plates to fit the dana 60 axle, but everything else is a breeze. If you do this you can always get parts and the fj40 drums are larger so you get better braking too.

I had to get new backing plates, all the guts, shoes and new drums from a 79 fj40 when I did mine. I have no idea what they used for the rear drums on the Venezuelan fj40's so this was the easiest and best option for me. I spent a month trying to figure out the rear drums and got no where. You have to re drill the backing plates to fit the dana 60 axle, but everything else is a breeze. If you do this you can always get parts and the fj40 drums are larger so you get better braking too.
Do you think if I were to modify a disc brake conversion kit from that era to have that hole pattern it would work then based on the spacing?

Do you think if I were to modify a disc brake conversion kit from that era to have that hole pattern it would work then based on the spacing?
I am not sure, but if you can do some mild fab work you should be able to make it work. I haven't done a disc conversion on 1 of these before so I don't have any first hand knowledge, but I am sure it would work. I would think at worst case you would have to make some custom brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom