FJ40 Venezuelan Dana 60 rear axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am hoping someone can help me out on this one. I have a 1985 FJ40 from Venezuela with a factory Dana 60 semi float rear axle. I need to replace the wheel bearings, but I can't seem to find any that fit the axles and axle housings. I have taken the old bearings, race, seals, retainer and the axle shafts to a few parts houses and nobody seems to have any that will fit. Does anybody know the part numbers or a place that would have the correct wheel bearings? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Don't the bearing, races, and seal have numbers on them? Next would be to go to a Bearing Supply Company.

Don't the bearing, races, and seal have numbers on them? Next would be to go to a Bearing Supply Company.
That is the first thing I checked and they do not have any numbers on them anywhere that I can find. I have gone to a bearing shop locally and they could not find anything that matches up either. The best we could find was .030 smaller than needed. I have built and rebuilt quite a few Land Cruiser axles and never run into anything like this.

You can try these.

or give a call.

The guys at Currie helped me find the correct bearings! Part number CE-8015A, complete set with seal, race, bearing and keeper. You guys are awesome, thanks for the help.

The guys at Currie helped me find the correct bearings! Part number CE-8015A, complete set with seal, race, bearing and keeper. You guys are awesome, thanks for the help.
Can you share some pics of this Dana 60 axle?

Can you share some pics of this Dana 60 axle?
I will get some pics when I am back in my shop. Should be sometime this weekend.

Here are some pics of the factory toyota dana 60 out of my fj40.

20210228_094911.jpg

20210228_094927.jpg

20210228_094937.jpg

Front axle is a standard fj40 toyota axle.

I’ve heard about Dana rear ends being used in Toyota’s from the factory in certain applications or regions. But never seen it or actually new if it was true.

Not sure the Dana was installed in Japan or in Venezuela. This is the only market I've heard ever doing Dana rear.axle. The VIN would tell if the cruiser came in kit form or whole off the assembly plant in Japan. As I remember the kit VINs were much higher. Being an 85 tend to believe a kit. Not sure seen any short wheel base 40 series made in Japan after 84. Find parts listings for long wheel base 40 series up to 4/86.

Toyota venezuela and dana partnered up to produce the axles for fj40's and other landcruisers starting in 1983 (if I am not mistaken). Dana provided the axle tubs, diff housing and diff. Toyota supplied the axles and ends of the housings.

All of the glass is labeled with made in Venezuela. Here is also a shot of the engine bay tag.

20210228_122642.jpg

20210228_122811.jpg

This also has the 2f motor, not a diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom