FJ40 Value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fourrunner

SILVER Star
Threads
Found a reletively clean Fj40 for sale and wondered what you guys think it is worth. It has very little rust, just mostly surface, but the interior is basically gutted. The guys started a spring over, but never finished it. The front knuckles need rebuilt and it doesn't have an engine. It appears to have an auto tranny in it currently as if it may have had a 350 in it. The top is basically shot, doesn't have doors, or seats. So, I am not sure what it would take to get it going. What would something like this go for?

Fourrunner asked: What would something like this go for?

The seller would probably be forever in your debt if you were to remove it from his property. Afterwards, you might qualify for some type of FEMA disaster relief.

Sounds like something perfect for a parts rig! Hmm..As it would stand hey! I'm looking for a parts rig! Let me know if you decide not to buy it and how much hes wanting for it.

It's always better to start with something that is essencially all there. When you have to go out and buy replacements you will undoubtedly have more $$ in it than you ever imagined.

Depends what you want to do with it. If you're looking for a shell to drop a new drivetrain into, throw in some aftermarket/junkyard seats, and put a bikini top over your head, then it might be a fine vehicle. In the state that it's in, you should start the offer at $500. If the springover is not completed, does that mean the axles are on th floor and the rest of the Cruiser is on jack stands? If so, start the offer at $300.

one of the hardest thing about cruisers are what the PO has done. That can also cut the price down when the PO did part of the correction without doing it properly. You might be able to finish it up really easy, or this can bite you in the arse for a long time coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom