FJ40 Value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting for a friend who has a 1977 FJ40 for sale and he wants to know what his approximate asking value should be. I know this is a hit and miss question, not knowing all of the specifics, but i told him that i would try and give him something to start with

1977 FJ40, strong 2F engine, 4 speed, 4 wheel drive with auto or manual locking hubs, Warn 9,000 winch, power steering, aftermarket AC unit, odometer showing 86,000 miles, surface rust on frame nothing structural, minor belly pan rust, new mud tires, body in very good condition with scratch marks from hunting trails, hard top, black in color, front bucket seats with rear removable bench seat. Also has about 4 cardboard boxes of extra parts: rear heater, carbeurator, tie rod ends, gaskets, brake parts, other minor.

This was all that he gave me on his list. I asked him for some pictures and he is supposed to get them to me in a few days. But, from the description above, and in your best judgement, what would be an approximate value for him to ask? Thank you for your help

Need pics, The more the better we can give a better estimate plus we all like pics

Any price given now would be a total guess and likely worthless as to the true value. You need pictures and some history on the vehicle. The black paint and aftermarket seats are a hit to the value already.

$10K-25K, depending on condition and completeness. Presence and extent of rust is a big determinator. Power steering and A/C sound promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom