1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fj40 vacuum transfer case

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by fjhopper, Feb 16, 2004.

1. fjhopper

fjhopper

I have a 1971 FJ40 with the vacuum transfer case.. I had to put in a Jan. 1972 engine from an fj55. Does anyone know what I will have to do in order to get the transfer case to work? My old engine looked different (there is a port in the manifold on the earlier engine that is not on the '72 engine). As you can probably tell from this posting I am pretty low on the mechanical learning curve. Would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Welcome.

Swap the intake and exhaust manifolds together, if there is not a threaded port in the same location, or another on the '72 intake, that will accept the hose barb fitting from the '71. Another option would be to install a 'T' fitting in the line going to your brake booster, and hook the hose for the t-case vaccume there.
    Make sure that all connections are tight, and do not leak. Having vaccume leaks can cause poor running conditions, and can damage the valves in the cylinder head if operated for a long time this way.

Good luck!

-Steve

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">