SOLD FJ40 Transmission/xfer case & V8 conversion parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided on the vortec/auto/split case set up for my rig and have the following parts for sale:

78 4-speed transmission and transfer case with linkage, Downey bellhousing adaptor from small block to 4-speed, chevy flywheel, clutch master and slave cylinders, propeller style rear crossmember. The transmission and transfer case appear to be in very good condition. I purchased my FJ40 with a 305 already swapped in and only drove a few hundred miles with them before pulling drivetrain. I made the huge mistake of buying a 78 in Oregon and trying to smog it in CA, which is why I ended up pulling everything out so quickly. Great parts if you're looking to do a small block swap into an older 3-speed model. $500 for everything.

I am in the SF Bay Area (Pleasanton) and prefer not shipping the items.

Thanks,
Shawn

That's a good deal right there :clap:

A date code from the boss on the passenger side of the tcase would be very good to know. There are different tcase issues for all the ‘75s.

IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1648.jpg
IMG_1649.jpg

A date code from the boss on the passenger side of the tcase would be very good to know. There are different tcase issues for all the ‘75s.
Can you post or send pics of all parts ?
Thanks, Rick

These are pics of everything except the flywheeel, which is on a shelf in the shed. I was unable to locate a date code on the transfer case, but it is from a 78.

I'll take it for 500 bucks, if I can pick it up in S.F. area on or about July 28th when I go up to the Petaluma Landcruiser swap meet. I'll send you a private message, so keep listed until you read (and agree with) my message.

I'll take it for 500 bucks, if I can pick it up in S.F. area on or about July 28th when I go up to the Petaluma Landcruiser swap meet. I'll send you a private message, so keep listed until you read (and agree with) my message.
I'm around all weekend. Thanks

So did you accept my offer??????
Sorry Jim, I misread your post above and thought you were referring to the 28th of May (last weekend). Somebody local ended up buying the transmission and transfer case and rear crossmember on Tuesday for $500. I still have the Downey adapter bellhousing, flywheel and starter that you are welcome to take for free on your way through town to Petaluma. it is in my shed and not taking up too much space, so I don't mind if they sit around for a while.

You bet, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. Please send me your address and cell number- - -thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom