FJ40 TransferCase Input Bearing Nut Torque (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched in the service manual for my 1968 FJ40, and cannot find the torque requirement for the T-Case input bearing nut torque. It is the nut on the transmission output shaft, I.E input to the transfercase, inside the upper rear cover.

I have found all of the other torque specs., Am I overlooking it in the manual?

Thanks.

That is an excellent wrtie up and will help, but he did not mention the transmission output/tcase input bearing.

It is the nut labeled refer to 33-05, top right. T Case input gear and PTO gear.

1657372683557.png

Last edited:
Post #9?

Seems that way. But I haven’t opened my xfer case yet, so that’s only a guess. Someone here will know for sure.

MRBoatMan, thanks.

I didn't see that in my manual, but I looked in the three speed area. Assuming the four speed torque is similar to my three speed.

This needs to be torqued to 150 ft lbs. minimum. I know this is greater than the spec. The nut is the same nut on the differential pinions and the spec for those is higher than the listed spec for the placement you're referring to. The extra preload is needed to prevent slippage of the spacer that's in that stack of gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom