SOLD FJ40 - Transfer Case - San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
Selling this FJ40 Transfer Case that I picked up as part of a Parts Car I bought. I think it is complete.
$200
IMG_5385.jpg
IMG_5384.jpg
IMG_5386.jpg
IMG_5387.jpg

Last edited:
Transfer case, not transmission. ;)

That’s some sort of spud shaft/tailshaft from a conversion kit. Maybe @Downey or @orangefj45 recognizes it.

That transfer-case input shaft is a Downey manufactured shaft for adapting a GM automatic tranny to a 3 speed Landcruiser transfer-case. Problem is it is absolutely useless without the matching shaft that would have been installed into the GM auto tranny. The Downey shaft that was installed inside the GM tranny terminated with female splines that fit over the transfer-case input shaft male splines (they splined together at the adapter plate). Now, if someone can come up with the matching transmission shaft (along with Downey's 1" thick aluminum adapter plate), then your shaft becomes very valuable to someone. Sooooo, don't throw it away, just send it to me for safe keeping.

That transfer-case input shaft is a Downey manufactured shaft for adapting a GM automatic tranny to a 3 speed Landcruiser transfer-case. Problem is it is absolutely useless without the matching shaft that would have been installed into the GM auto tranny. The Downey shaft that was installed inside the GM tranny terminated with female splines that fit over the transfer-case input shaft male splines (they splined together at the adapter plate). Now, if someone can come up with the matching transmission shaft (along with Downey's 1" thick aluminum adapter plate), then your shaft becomes very valuable to someone. Sooooo, don't throw it away, just send it to me for safe keeping.
Ha. I might do that.

Library of knowledge strikes again 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom